Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Muso

Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by Muso »

Our incredible users are always striving to create new contents for their favourite games, bringing awesome mods on daily bases that we are always happy to share with all of you.
Today is Strategic Command's turn, with this new Community Content that contains 5 of the best mods that our users have ever created!

- Fall Weiss II, created by Christopher Paton. Fall Weiss II builds off the original 1939 Storm Over Europe Campaign.  The campaign includes new decisions, a new unit structure, updated bitmaps, and a greater focus on minor neutrals and their economic and military importance. Many units can now be built at the Division, Corps or Army Scale & New Mountain Infantry will receive specific bonuses in Mountain Hexes. The mod is fully tested for PBEM or single player but never tested for AI co-operative.

- Calm Before the Storm, created by Mats-Erik Wiktorsson. 1938 Calm Before The Storm starts 1938 during the build-up to WW2. It gives the player many decisions to decide whether the historical path should be followed or if they should choose another.

- 653H, created by Steve Sill. The 653H Mod provides historical orders of battle for the 1939 Campaign. Other modifications have been made to: Research Categories, NATO Icons and Unit Counters, Unit Types, Decision Events, Production, aspects of Movement and Combat, Map and Graphics changes. For full details see the included 'HistModDNotes' text document.

- Advanced Third Reich, created by William Macon. This is an adaptation of Avalon Hill's 1992 board game ADVANCED THIRD REICH (A3R), the sequel to THE RISE AND DECLINE OF THE THIRD REICH originally designed by John Prados in the 1970s. The term "adaptation" is used loosely here because, frankly, while many features are more or less faithful recreations of A3R, there are many other features that are not. This adaptation has roughly the same map scale, the same force pools and scenario orders of battle, and the same relative economic production and unit costs. The scale and scope is essentially the same, so veteran players familiar with A3R should feel right at home – right down to the customized military unit icons. However, many things are different and players may notice elements of the Strategic Command (SC) series, Clash of Steel (COS), A World at War (AWAW), World in Flames (WiF), European Theater of Operations (ETO), Blitzkrieg General (BG) and the more recent John Prados' Third Reich (JP3R). The gameplay itself is fundamentally different because the game mechanics of SC are significantly different than those of the A3R board game. Thus, this adaptation is a melting pot of sorts for the World War Two ETO grand strategy game genre.

- World War 3, 1946, created by Harry Kellog Junior. In May of 1946, Stalin decides to fulfil his deepest ambition. In a lightning and classic Soviet Deep Battle, the Soviet Armed forces quickly break through the weak and untrained US, British and French occupying forces in Germany. The Wasserfall Missile, Seehund Mini-sub, P-80 Shooting Star, Meteor fighter, MiG 9, Yak 15 and X-4 Air to air missile appear on the battlefront for the first time. The fate of Eurasia and the world is in the balance.

The content will be showed in the "Single Player" mode, and the mods will be listed under the official scenarios.

We also wanted to remind you that Strategic Command WWII will be 25% off for the whole week!
And last but not least, today we'll have a stream on our Twitch channel to celebrate this event! Come hang out with us at 10 AM EDT / 3 PM EST / 4 PM CEST!
Sugar

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

Post by Sugar »

bringing awesome mods on daily bases that we are always happy to share with all of you.

Thank you very much, but why don`t you implement them into the game as playable szenarios?
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

ORIGINAL: Sugar
bringing awesome mods on daily bases that we are always happy to share with all of you.

Thank you very much, but why don`t you implement them into the game as playable szenarios?

They are. You have just to open the Single Player window, to see them listed among the "base" ones
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Sugar,

They are now implemented as a downloadable package, the Matrix package page is found here and once installed it will list them as Daniele mentions alongside the "base" campaigns.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/714 ... unity.Pack

Steam players should have the game update automatically with this package when you launch the game.

Hubert
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Many thx, I focused too much on the right side of the page in order to get just one of the mods. [&o]
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Hey all,

I LOVE the fact you put this package together, it's great. But it's not working properly. I have my SC installed as usual and installed this package the same way. Yet when I pick any of the Mods to play I get the message below. When attempting to play I can't get any dialog when I right click on any units I control either.

Help!

Attachments
Message.jpg
Message.jpg (76.65 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Looks like there is an issue with the Matrix installer, I've raised the issue with Matrix and I hope we'll have this sorted out soon, sorry about this everyone.

Hubert
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

Can you verify that the Steam installer is working? I'm having no luck with that.

Thanks,

Jim
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Thanks Hubert, I appreciate your quick reply.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
geordietaf

Post by geordietaf »

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Hey all,

I LOVE the fact you put this package together, it's great. But it's not working properly. I have my SC installed as usual and installed this package the same way. Yet when I pick any of the Mods to play I get the message below. When attempting to play I can't get any dialog when I right click on any units I control either.

Help!

+1
majpalmer

Post by majpalmer »

Ditto
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: Cyrano

Can you verify that the Steam installer is working? I'm having no luck with that.

Thanks,

Jim

It does work, but unfortunately only if you first try it via Steam and not first with the Matrix installer. I've heard back that they are looking into it now and hopefully we'll have a solution soon enough.
HybridSpyda

Post by HybridSpyda »

Apologies for the issues you experienced with the Matrix Installer.

This bug has now been resolved, and the latest installer can be downloaded here.

Please let us know if you are still having issues getting this working after downloading and running this latest version however.

Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

This is cool.

Any possibility of enabling Steam Workshop? That would probably help create even more mods.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

It installed but in the WW3 scenario things still don't seem right. The popups have no artwork in them. It just says new weapons with nothing else in the window. I'm guessing there's supposed to be some info about what the new weapons are, but all there was were a couple of pop ups saying new weapons and nothing else.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

UPDATE: I can't get the right click to work in any of the mods that I've loaded. The game comes up but without the right click the game is really not playable.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
HAWAIIAN11

Post by HAWAIIAN11 »

aloha...i get the samething and won't load, did you get yours going?
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Yes, it loads and doesn't show the screen shot I put above, but you can't right click and get the menu, so it's not really playable.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi AZKGungHo,

I'm looking into the WWIII campaign issues as it does indeed seem to be missing some files that are a part of the campaign... but in the meantime, the right click menu option is a setting you can enable/disable in the OPTIONS->ADVANCED screen.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Thanks Hubert,

I've been playing this game since SC 1 and have playtested several of them and I had no idea you could turn off the right click menu. It seems that most of the mods are set that way. I don't know why but would suggest the authors consider changing that as everyone I know who plays really relies on the right click and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it. Just a thought.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Downloaded & installed but it wiped my current Fall Weiss 9.0 games from my PBEM screen I had to reinstall the 1.10 beta patch to get them back.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”