After several weeks in beta tuning and balancing we are pleased to say that Strategic Command v1.10 is now available.
This is a significant update and includes a wealth of amendments and bug fixes from the impressive amount of feedback and suggestions from you all following the release of v1.04, especially regarding the balance of the game following v1.04.
The change list is extensive (and listed below) but some of the changes to highlight are : Higher penalties for bring out of supply, (so for example reducing pockets should be more effective), Air unit deployment now needs a little more planning and HQ support and there have been a number of airpower tweaks, Ports are a little easier to capture and Supply lines (via chains of HQs) have been tweaked. Of course there are many campaign updates, other balance changes, AI improvements and bug fixes
v1.10 is compatible with save games from v1.08 (and earlier versions back to 1.04)
v1.10 is a comprehensive update (so you don't need to have previously installed v1.08 etc.)
And from the public area :
Or of course you can obtain it by 'checking for update' when starting the game
Many thanks to all of you for your support, feedback and suggestions that have helped to make this the best version of Strategic Command yet.
Matrix Games & Fury Software
FULL v1.10 CHANGELIST
- units at 0 supply may now suffer desertion losses if they are adjacent to at least 2 front line ZoC enemy units that have a minimum strength and supply >= 5. They will then have a 50% chance of 1 strength point loss per adjacent unit. If they are reduced to 0 strength then the unit surrenders.
- units at 1 supply may now suffer desertion losses if they are adjacent to at least 2 front line ZoC enemy units that have a minimum strength and supply >= 5. They will then have a 20% chance of 1 strength point loss per adjacent unit. If they are reduced to 0 strength then the unit surrenders.
- HQs can now only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3, lowered from a previous threshold of >= 5.
- Air units will no longer receive supply from an HQ unless they are attached.
- under supplied Air units, due to not being attached to an HQ, will be indicated by a red hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- under supplied Air units, attached to an HQ but not to the most optimal supply giving HQ, will be indicated by a purple hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- fixed a Diplomacy screen error for when there are no active majors in a campaign for a particular side.
- fixed a spotting error that allowed non belligerent and non active Majors such as Italy to spot non friendly units in active Minor territories such as Egypt.
- units that swap will now lose a single entrenchment point rather than being reset to 0.
- fixed a surprised unit movement error for when a unit cannot actually advance at all when attempting to pass through a friendly unit and where it will then be subsequently surprised.
- fixed a PBEM++ Lobby games list error that caused incorrect listings and invalid game loads.
- fixed an air unit de-entrenchment error that caused air units to lose their entrenchment after attacking.
- fixed a recon spotting error that allowed recons to spot into adjacent bad weather hexes.
- fixed an end of game PBEM error that did not allow the current player to review the map once a game over condition had been satisfied and before exiting and sending the final turn to his opponent.
- fixed a unit supply determination error for when a unit is initially assigned to one HQ, and then re-assigned to another more optimal HQ (when HQ attachments are not set to Manual) during the land unit supply calculation phase.
- fixed an AI Carrier unit combat error that caused the AI to hang for up to 30 minutes.
- fixed an AI HQ and other support unit reorganization error that didn't allow the AI to maximize the potential offensive and supply positions of these units.
- fixed a PBEM++ server communication error.
- fixed a convoy MPP transfer amount error in the Convoy Map screen for some custom campaigns.
- fixed a map update issue that did not show the updated fog of war status, and subsequent port strength, for previously hidden ports once a naval unit completed its move adjacent to the port.
- fixed a fog of war shroud display error that did not lift some sections of the shroud due to the spotting range of units.
- fixed an AI naval combat error that had some naval units strike targets beyond their normal strike range.
- units that are temporarily removed from the northern coast of France due to the Atlantic Coastal Gun construction decision, will now be re-placed at the end of the turn on the same turn, instead of a turn later.
- improved AI calculation speeds for when the campaigns near their end dates and there are many hundreds of units on the map.
- Ports will now switch control if you've captured an adjacent resource. The only exception will be if there is another enemy resource adjacent to the port, that resource will need to be captured as well. All other port capturing rules remain the same.
- Ports no longer exert automatic control over adjacent and empty enemy hexes.
- units at 0 supply will have their morale, after recalculation, further reduced by 50%.
- units at 1 supply will have their morale, after recalculation, further reduced by 25%.
- added a LARGE ADDRESS AWARE flag to the game EXE that should improve performance and memory issues on systems running at resolutions >= 1920x1080
- improved AI calculation speeds.
- weather information will now display in the lower left hand corner geo locator panel on resolutions >= 1280x1024. Previously this only displayed on resolutions >= 1680x1050
- HQs will now show their full attachment range when clicking on them a second time, similar to how intercept and escort ranges can be shown with fighter units.
- AI naval is less likely to bombard resources unless it is for an Amphibious assault.
- AI Axis early naval improved for the 1939 and 1940 campaigns.
- AI will attempt to upgrade less during good weather turns which should help it during OFFENSIVE opportunities.
- fixed several event popup texts for the French versions of the campaigns
- Changed the trigger on DE 664 - Germany: Dummy Event for Romania to switch sides from 25 to 50% (Mithrilotter).
- Removed the USSR from being a Variable Condition in the US Mobilization_3 script #NAME= 1942 (USA->Allies) that fires from the 1st January 1942.
- The Red Army’s 1st Tanks and 4th Paratroops are no longer assigned to arrive at Moscow in the 1939 and 1940 campaigns, so the player can now deploy them freely on their arrival date.
- Increased the strength of the German Heavy Cruiser Lützow at Kiel from 5 to 6 in the 1940 campaign as this will ensure it joins the correct AI fleet script.
- Added some Fortifications around Moscow in the 1941 campaign and also restored all the missing Fortifications from various German language campaigns (HvS).
- In the 1942 campaign, hexes 209,55 and 209,56 near Novgorod now start in Axis hands so that the German HQ near Leningrad has some supply (HvS).
- Land hex changed to number 563 at Long Island, and the island is now connected by road to the mainland.
- Chance of Storms reduced in the Mediterranean (Mithrilotter).
- Ports’ Sub Defense Bonus increased from 3 to 4. (Leadwieght).
- Vienna is now an Industrial Center, while Breslau, Cologne and Dresden are now Secondary Supply Centers.
- Intelligence & Spying research can now only have 1 chit invested at a time (HvS).
- Increased Germany’s AA Build Limit from 4 to 6 and the UK’s from 2 to 4.
- Increased AA units’ base attack values against Strategic Bombers by 1 (Goodmongo; dave123).
- Increased the base Strategic Bomber Defense values of Capitals and Major Capitals from 1 to 2.
- Starting Fighter Interception Range increased by 1.
- Starting deployment locations of the Finnish HQ and Fighter amended in the 1939-41 campaigns.
- Variable Conditions in the TERRITORY scripts relating to DE 661 and DE 662 amended.
- Removed France from the Variable Conditions in the Volksgrenadier and Volksturm Decisions (Leadwieght; crispy131313).
- Added one more USSR resource (266,57) to the RESOURCE scripts that only fires for the Allied AI when industry is transferred from the Ukraine to the Urals.
- Added one more US resource (0,104) to the RESOURCE script that fires when they join the Allies.
- Amended the Alignment Position in DE 602 and its related National Morale script from Paris being Axis to Toronto being Allied (Leadwieght; Yeremenko).
- Italy’s starting MPPs increased in the 1939 Campaign from 80 to 110 to compensate for having to transport units to North Africa that previously deployed there directly.
- Batumi port added and railway connecting Poti to Tbilisi added (Mithrilotter).
- Trans-Caspian railway added (SPzAbt653).
- verhindern changed to behindern in the German Language Partisan scripts (HvS).
- HQ names corrected in the German Language campaigns so that they match the translated names in the campaigns (HvS).
- German resource names and Map Text corrected (HvS).
- Set up a dummy DE 676 to trigger the Axis Gibraltar Supply Event for all plausible Axis Minors as well as German units occupying Gibraltar, and linked the Supply script to that.
- Surrender_1 script amended for #NAME= DE 105 - UK Moves Government To Toronto, so that:
1) the Port hex at 25,96 at Yarmouth Nova Scotia will no longer transfer to the UK.
2) the coastal hexes at 37,89 and 36,89 and 34,82 and 29,48 will now transfer to the UK.
- Settings expanded for the National Morale script #NAME= USSR - USSR Morale Boosted From Allied Landings In Italy = (Mithrilotter).
- 1939 & 1940 campaigns have had the Date, Condition and Failsafe dates for the event #NAME= British Forces Mobilize In Egypt changed so that these units will generally deploy earlier. The settings are now:
#CONDITION_POSITION= 204,125 [7,7] [1,1]  
- US Mobilization_2 script added to penalize the use of 2 or more US ships in the Atlantic prior to the USA’s entrance into the war (nnason).
- DE 603 corrected so that it now requires Casablanca to be in Axis hands (Sugar).
- Changed #AI= 2 to #AI= 4 in some POP UP scripts so that they will appear in Multiplayer too (Ice).
- Some amendments made to Anti-Tank Research levels and investments from the 1941 campaign onwards (Mithrilotter).
- German Tank unit added near Vyazma in the 1942 campaign (Numdydar).
- Ground Attack Weapons’ attack values for Tactical and Medium Bombers against all ground units and resources now increase by 0.5 per level rather than 1. Their starting values have been increased by 0.5 against these target types so that their quality in the early/mid war isn’t affected. De-Moralization now increases by 10% per level of Ground Attack Weapons research.
- Logistics Research corrected for all Minors so that their HQ Build Limits will not increase.
- Anti-Tank Units' Hard, Light Armour and Tank Defense Values increased by 1, so their new values are respectively 2, 5 and 6.
- Resources upgraded with AA will receive a 0.5 increase in their Rocket Defense value per level (Mithrilotter).
- Reduced Fighters’ Strat Bomber Attack value from 2 to 1, and Strat Bombers’ Fighter Defence value from 2 to 1 (HvS).
- Germany can now build 3 Motor Torpedo Boats, Italy 2 (Ice).
- More Garrison unit names provided for Italy, the USA and the USSR.
- Italy’s Fighter Build Limit reduced from 5 to 4.
- Moved Helsinki port from 196,52 to 194,52 (Jack59).
- Fighters’ Escort Range increased from 7 to 9.
- Strategic Bombers’ Strike Range increased from 12 to 13.
- Long Range Aircraft research will now increase Fighters’ Escort ranges by 4 per level, and Strategic Bombers’ Strike range by 3 per level.
- Put the USSR back to having only 1 chit invested in Production Technology.
- Reduced the USSR's starting MPPs back from 150 to 45.
- Gave Germany a chit in Command and Control.
- Removed the UK's Infantry Warfare level 1.
- Gave Germany a chit in Command and Control.
- Removed the UK's Infantry Warfare level 1.
- Removed the invested chit and gave Germany level 2 in Command and Control instead.
Last but not least, to celebrate our latest update, Strategic Command will be 25% off for a whole week! What could you ever want more to buy it?
The sale ends on Sunday 22nd!
< Message edited by Muso -- 10/18/2017 7:27:12 AM >