Rail conversion bug?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Psych0

Rail conversion bug?

Post by Psych0 »

Hi. I think there might be a bug in rail conversion in the south near Rumania. I thought the limit is 4 hexes as the crow flies. So, I planned to convert from Ungeny NW up to and including Beltsy E, which is 4 hexes from Ungeny as the crow flies but 5 hexes along the rail line. Even 2 further hexes along the rail line would be eligible but not enough MPs to convert those across the Rum FBD and the 4th German FBD.

The Rumanian FBD converted Ungeny on T2 while the 4th German FBD is railed in and ends its movement in Ungeny NW.

Then in T3 the Rumanian FBD converts Ungeny NW and Faleshty for 9MP (1 spare). And FBD1 (starting T3 in Ungeny NW) converts Faleshty NW, Beltsy and Beltsy E for 13MP (3 spare). Naturally having flipped all that territory to Axis control and no ZOCs onto to rail line.

BUT, to my surprise I was not allowed to convert Beltsy E. Is this a bug somehow?
morvael

RE: Rail conversion bug?

Post by morvael »

Please post a screenshot with rail status on (R key).
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

OK, here the screenies. The first one is the starting situation for T3. Ungeny already converted in T2.

Attachments
Railbug1.jpg
Railbug1.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 63 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

Then the 2nd screenie after the Rumanian FBD has converted Ungeny NW and Faleshty with 1 MP spare.

Attachments
Railbug2.jpg
Railbug2.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 63 times
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

And then the last screenie with FBD1 having converted Faleshty NW and Beltsy but not allowed to convert Beltsy E while having 5 MP spare...

Attachments
Railbug3.jpg
Railbug3.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 63 times
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Psych0

And then the last screenie with FBD1 having converted Faleshty NW and Beltsy but not allowed to convert Beltsy E while having 5 MP spare...

Max conversion anywhere other than the Baltic states = 4 hexes total. Baltic states are 6 hexes (even though you can get 7 in some cases on how the computer counts the hexes converted but not getting into that discussion here)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Psych0

Post by Psych0 »

That's exactly my point here. The 7 hexes in Baltics is only ever 6 hexes 'as the crow flies'. So I would think it works the same elsewhere, i.e. 4 hexes as the crow flies from Ungeny which should be Beltsy E as well (and even Floreshty and Floreshty SE if the FBDs had enough MP for that too - rail down 2 German FBDs for example). Just seems inconsistent or is it a bug?
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Psych0

That's exactly my point here. The 7 hexes in Baltics is only ever 6 hexes 'as the crow flies'. So I would think it works the same elsewhere, i.e. 4 hexes as the crow flies from Ungeny which should be Beltsy E as well (and even Floreshty and Floreshty SE if the FBDs had enough MP for that too - rail down 2 German FBDs for example). Just seems inconsistent or is it a bug?

It is a bug. (To be honest the Germans have too much rail conversion now imho with the extra FBD in the south yet again)

Certain spots I have found you can get 7 hexes in the Baltic states which you should not be able to do by the games rules standards. If I remember correctly you can get one spot in the south to 5 hexes but that is all I have researched in the past.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004

Return to “Tech Support”