Overstacking?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Kursk1943

Overstacking?

Post by Kursk1943 »

I'm a bit confused about overstacking. There's lots of talk in some AARs about overstacking in China (i.e. "the good an the bad..."). But in chapter 8.9. only overstacking on small atolls is mentioned. All bigger island show "troop capacity unlimited", Suva, Noumea, Bataan...And all cities in China display the same. How can I then overstack there?[&:]
I'm asking, because up to now I amassed up to ten Chinese corps for an attack without giving any thought to perhaps overstacking...
Zecke

RE: Overstacking?

Post by Zecke »

forget china (a good player will never make you any progress) just go to conquer russia

EDIT. if possible russia if not stuk YOU china
Epsilon Eridani

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

The game as sold has no land stacking limits except for the island sizes mentioned in s.8.9 of the manual.

Since the initial release of AE an alternative map has been produced which introduces stacking limits to all land hexes.  This map does not ship with the game and has to be separately downloaded and installed.  Some private user designed mods which avail themselves of the land stacking limits have been produced.  These mods too have to be separately downloaded and installed.

Alfred 
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

The game as sold has no land stacking limits except for the island sizes mentioned in s.8.9 of the manual.

Since the initial release of AE an alternative map has been produced which introduces stacking limits to all land hexes.  This map does not ship with the game and has to be separately downloaded and installed.  Some private user designed mods which avail themselves of the land stacking limits have been produced.  These mods too have to be separately downloaded and installed.

Alfred 

Its seems that you are always RIGHT...good job probably the best knowlegdment of the game.
Epsilon Eridani

Kursk1943

Post by Kursk1943 »

Thank you Alfred for your as always extremely competent answer. As I'm doing with the stock map and without mods, I can continue with my stacking habits without being punished. [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”