Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet air base question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet air base question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet air base question - 10/14/2017 8:39:34 PM   
tomeck48

Soviet air bases are dedicated to certain types of aircraft (fighter, bomber, etc). Do I lose any effectiveness if I put a fighter in a bomber base or vice versa? What about tactical bombers in a fighter base?
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/14/2017 9:52:13 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

Soviet air bases are dedicated to certain types of aircraft (fighter, bomber, etc). Do I lose any effectiveness if I put a fighter in a bomber base or vice versa? What about tactical bombers in a fighter base?

I don't know of any loss of effectiveness. I run fighters from Bomber bases and vice versus. If you play into 42 and 43 the computer will rename the base to what is flying out of it. The only difference is that VVS is used to supply partisans. Otherwise it is just an airbase. I pretty much disband everything but IAD, VVS, PVO, BAD, & DBAD. That way those men go into the grunts to pick up a rifle. Again hope a Soviet expert can verify that ;-)

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 3:01:35 AM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain
I run fighters from Bomber bases and vice versus. If you play into 42 and 43 the computer will rename the base to what is flying out of it.

I've never seen a DBAD base get named IAD no matter how long the game ran. Then again, I usually don't put fighters on bomber bases.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 10:18:32 AM   
johntoml56

As already stated you need your VVS to supply the Partisans but other wise the name doesn't matter.

Flatten the reporting structure for your airbases, some have intermediary HQs, disband these.

(And for some reason occasionally one squadron on an airbase never flies; it does not appear as a selection on the manual bombing mission)

And bomb the hell out of the enemy and their airfields...

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 2:08:25 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain
I run fighters from Bomber bases and vice versus. If you play into 42 and 43 the computer will rename the base to what is flying out of it.

I've never seen a DBAD base get named IAD no matter how long the game ran. Then again, I usually don't put fighters on bomber bases.

I will keep an eye on it in 42/43 and see if it happens

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 2:51:41 PM   
SparkleyTits

I did not know you need VVS to supply partisans do I also need to use a specific type of aircraft?

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 2:55:39 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

I did not know you need VVS to supply partisans do I also need to use a specific type of aircraft?

The old manual said aircraft with a load capacity over 2000 - but whether that is true in the new updated manual yet to be produced who knows. Realistically that will usually mean the Li-2 transports and the very long range bombers (Il-4s, DB-3s etc.). I think you can supply partisans manually during the Soviet phase, but your opponent can see where you do that. The automatic partisan supply needs you to leave those aircraft with night missions, and the Axis cannot see them in the battle report (anymore!)

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/15/2017 6:23:58 PM   
SparkleyTits

Much appreciated buddy

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 3:50:17 AM   
tomeck48

Thanks to all.

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 9
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 5:52:47 PM   
wallas

quote:

VVS air bases can never get Gaurd status so I make those my recon, air transport bases.

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 10
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 5:58:00 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallas

quote:

VVS air bases can never get Gaurd status so I make those my recon, air transport bases.

I know the rules were changed so recon can now get "victories" for successful recon missions, which builds experience etc. Whether that counts for guards status of airbases etc I would assume so but do not know. If it does it is not completely clear that recon should be relegated to VVS air bases. You may want your transports there though to supply partisans.

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 11
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 6:02:31 PM   
wallas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallas

quote:

I know the rules were changed so recon can now get "victories" for successful recon missions, which builds experience etc. Whether that counts for guards status of airbases etc I would assume so but do not know. If it does it is not completely clear that recon should be relegated to VVS air bases. You may want your transports there though to supply partisans.

Interesting this 2by3 multi-player game is my first one in like 3 years, maybe I should experiment with vvs bases

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 12
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 6:06:27 PM   
Telemecus

oh worth checking on some of the change notes if it is that long. I think most changes are in ground/logistics - but a few air changes worth checking on

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 13
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 6:15:29 PM   
wallas

quote:

oh worth checking on some of the change notes if it is that long. I think most changes are in ground/logistics - but a few air changes worth checking on

Yeah there sure has been many changes one thing I cannot seem to get working is para drop. I fired up a test game and did a manual drop selected the aircraft from the window but it would not execute. The test is being done in 1941 and the morale of the para's is like 40-45 and no matter what I do the mission will not execute. Read the rule book like 5 times on this subject can anyone enlighten me on the problem ? According to the book my morale is sufficient in the para brigades.

< Message edited by wallas -- 10/16/2017 6:16:27 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 14
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 6:19:01 PM   
Telemecus

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4329540

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 15
RE: Soviet air base question - 10/16/2017 6:26:05 PM   
wallas

quote:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4329540

3a. Scratch behind your left ear three times. I new I was missing something, I will have to try this tonight when I get off work.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet air base question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI