Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

10th Br Ar Div in Torch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> 10th Br Ar Div in Torch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 5:33:42 PM   
blackcloud6

I'm playing as the West Allies in Torch to Tunisia. The British 10th Armoured Division is in Egypt at Tanta (254,324) and shows 14-0. It is assigned to GHQ Mid-East. I can't move this unit. How can I get it activated or does it activate on a schedule.
Post #: 1
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 7:00:48 PM   
Helpless

Map live text says that it is frozen for 37 turns, which makes it a permanent garrison unit.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 7:02:21 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Map live text says that it is frozen for 37 turns, which makes it a permanent garrison unit.

Thanks, how did you find that out?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 7:28:11 PM   
Helpless

On the map live text (appears once you hover mouse over the unit), you should see something like "Frzn 27".

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

Post #: 4
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 7:31:34 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

On the map live text (appears once you hover mouse over the unit), you should see something like "Frzn 27".

Got it! Thanks!

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/9/2017 9:57:47 PM   
XXXCorps

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

I'm playing as the West Allies in Torch to Tunisia. The British 10th Armoured Division is in Egypt at Tanta (254,324) and shows 14-0. It is assigned to GHQ Mid-East. I can't move this unit. How can I get it activated or does it activate on a schedule.

Historically 10th Armoured Division was not involved in the pursuit of the Axis forces across the North African coast.

"With the Axis forces in retreat, the division was not required in the advance so remained in Egypt. It moved to Palestine on the 1st January 1943, and spent time in Syria before returning to Egypt on the 27th September 1943. The division disbanded in Egypt on the 18th June 1944."

http://www.britishmilitaryhistory.co.uk/webeasycms/hold/uploads/bmh_document_pdf/10-Armoured-Division-1942-.pdf

The frozen units in this scenario irritated me and I modified it so all the frozen and withdrawing units are available to use.

You can download it here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4278496

Obviously it's ahistorical but I reasoned that I am playing as the theatre commander and it would be within my purview to plead / beg / demand units are made available or are not withdrawn.

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 10/9/2017 10:29:27 PM >

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

Post #: 6
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/12/2017 3:03:35 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

The frozen units in this scenario irritated me and I modified it so all the frozen and withdrawing units are available to use.

Interesting, thanks. It should be a good variant.

(in reply to XXXCorps)
Post #: 7
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/13/2017 7:49:50 AM   
Denniss

The 10th is at full strength, in reality it was rebuilding after horrendous (tank) losses in El Alamein (its armoured brigade was involved there, not sure about the infantry components) so the freeze is OK. Other units should not be unfrozen either as they represent a guard/protection force. They will unfreeze if enemey comes close.

Post #: 8
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/14/2017 3:42:55 PM   
XXXCorps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

The 10th is at full strength, in reality it was rebuilding after horrendous (tank) losses in El Alamein (its armoured brigade was involved there, not sure about the infantry components) so the freeze is OK. Other units should not be unfrozen either as they represent a guard/protection force. They will unfreeze if enemey comes close.

If the enemy comes close to those units in that scenario then the player is in a lot of trouble.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/14/2017 6:43:16 PM   
HMSWarspite

I am amazed you could use the extra units without just running out of supply faster. I have never been unit limited in this scenario... only supply limited.

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to XXXCorps)
Post #: 10
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/14/2017 7:00:37 PM   
zakblood

me neither tbh

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 11
RE: 10th Br Ar Div in Torch - 10/14/2017 9:33:52 PM   
XXXCorps

I modified the scenario mostly because I could. The frozen units irritated me so I unfroze them. As blackcloud6 said, it's a variant and a completely unhistorical one at that.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> 10th Br Ar Div in Torch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI