Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What am I missing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What am I missing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 8:01:05 AM   
Chris21wen

Why has this air group trained ground when it's set as it is? It carries no bombs with this mission.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 8:21:58 AM   
witpqs

Something holding over inside the code that you can't see. Stand it down and then give it new orders.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 9:21:10 AM   
GetAssista

Are you sure you did not train ground attack for this pilots at some point in the past? Like training strafe with higher altitude. Grd skill was raised somewhere earlier this month but not in the last day

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 1:03:01 PM   
LeeChard

Only the green numbers represent increases in the last turn. The orange numbers are increases within the last month as I understand it.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 4
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 1:10:24 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Something holding over inside the code that you can't see. Stand it down and then give it new orders.

I've got a theory that I cannot prove; its parent unit might have been set to train airfield/ground before I broke it down. The other two units are set for airfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Are you sure you did not train ground attack for this pilots at some point in the past? Like training strafe with higher altitude. Grd skill was raised somewhere earlier this month but not in the last day

Been like this for a month, I checked.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 4:13:04 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I've got a theory that I cannot prove; its parent unit might have been set to train airfield/ground before I broke it down. The other two units are set for airfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Been like this for a month, I checked.

What you need to check is to see if any of the GB numbers show up as green in the next few weeks. If not the unit is no longer training in that skill.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
RE: What am I missing? - 10/9/2017 4:28:49 PM   
inqistor

I vaguely recall, that if Air Group had set Secondary Mission, you have to remove it manually (I'm guessing Rest). Otherwise, when you change Primary Mission to something, which do not allow Secondary, it do not erase old Secondary. Were they training some form of Ground Attack previously? You can probably check by choosing Primary, which allow Secondary.
I think, it was supposed to be repaired in some old Beta, but who knows?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: What am I missing? - 10/10/2017 6:14:42 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

What you need to check is to see if any of the GB numbers show up as green in the next few weeks. If not the unit is no longer training in that skill.

I always check training groups on the 1st and this is the 1st. I've gone back five days and I can see no evidence of recent training improvements for GRD so possible there hasn't been. I'm putting it down to a quirk.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
RE: What am I missing? - 10/10/2017 6:19:53 AM   
BBfanboy

Until you run the turn for the 1st, I don't think the previous month orange training indication resets.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 9
RE: What am I missing? - 10/11/2017 6:48:56 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Until you run the turn for the 1st, I don't think the previous month orange training indication resets.

No they don't, that's why I know it's a months training.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: What am I missing? - 10/11/2017 1:15:53 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Well, not necessarily all month, just at some point during the month, so there is a possibility the GrdB happened before the switch to Air training?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 11
RE: What am I missing? - 10/12/2017 6:36:28 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, not necessarily all month, just at some point during the month, so there is a possibility the GrdB happened before the switch to Air training?

There is that but I'm 99% sure that the unit was in this training for the whole month. But I have no way of confirming it.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What am I missing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI