Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airbase management

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Airbase management Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airbase management - 9/20/2017 12:16:16 AM   
SparkleyTits

Quick question of min maxing the airforce please peeps

I have looked in the manual and found that Soviets can equip 40 maximum air regiments in 1941 but was unsure if that was total planes flying in missions or total ready planes that I can attach or perhaps it is yet another mechanic I am in need or understanding properly so I find myself in need of your much vaunted wisdom yet again to help clear up my understanding

Is there a limit to how many subordinate airbases are allowed to be under the command of a Soviet airbase HQ before penalties are applied and if so how many?

For example if I attach 30 airbases under western air command with each airbases attaching the maximum of 9 types of aircraft will I be penalised?

Thanks alot!
Post #: 1
RE: Airbase management - 9/20/2017 4:32:41 AM   
Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits
Is there a limit to how many subordinate airbases are allowed to be under the command of a Soviet airbase HQ before penalties are applied and if so how many?

I have never really had a problem with this, mainly because other game mechanics steps in and makes me limit the number of Air Groups I have under one Front Command.

First, there is a limit to how many aircraft will actually fly a given mission. It appear that once you send about 400 aircraft into a mission, the system itself will prevent many more aircraft from participating (regardless of the actual number you sent). Personally, I think game mechanics should also limit the number of potential fighter bombers and fighters to around 200, but it does not.

Second, remember that repairing aircraft depends on the number of Support squads on the Airfield HQ's, so having 50+ Air Groups with half the planes damaged under one Command might ot be a good idea.

Third, when manually selecting aircraft for a mission, you only have a limited space available on the selection screen. If you have a plethora of Air Groups available, you might not even be able to select the ones you want.

Fourth, the aircraft of one Front Command will only fly in support of that particular Front command. So if you stack all available aircraft at one Front, chances are that a lot of them will never get to fly. Further, a lot of ground combats will never get any support.

We need only to kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.

Adolf Hitler, on the eve of Barbarossa.
-----

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those that use binary numbers and those that do not.

Unknown origi

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 2
RE: Airbase management - 9/20/2017 2:15:58 PM   
SparkleyTits

Thanks alot Dinglr your indepth answer is exactly what the doctor ordered and is much appreciated!

Thanks buddy!

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 3
RE: Airbase management - 9/21/2017 4:52:33 AM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir
Second, remember that repairing aircraft depends on the number of Support squads on the Airfield HQ's, so having 50+ Air Groups with half the planes damaged under one Command might ot be a good idea.

I don't believe that the HQ such as an air command or air army has an impact on this. It is the support squads on the actual airbase itself.

v1.05.59 - January 31, 2012
Air HQ will share their support for ground elements at air bases under their control. Note: Air HQs have never provided support for aircraft at airbases under their control.

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 4
RE: Airbase management - 9/21/2017 6:09:26 AM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

I don't believe that the HQ such as an air command or air army has an impact on this. It is the support squads on the actual airbase itself.

v1.05.59 - January 31, 2012
Air HQ will share their support for ground elements at air bases under their control. Note: Air HQs have never provided support for aircraft at airbases under their control.

That's correct, but anyway having too many airbases can be a drain for the general manpower supply, since they require quite many squads to operate, around 1/5th of a rifle division. Supports squads are bigger than rifle squads, so they are a big manpower drain. Air support squads have only 10 men compared to 20 in a normal general support squad, but that's still 1 rifle squad away from the pool.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Airbase management Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI