Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

human vs human?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Videos, Tutorials, Let's Plays >> human vs human? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
human vs human? - 9/18/2017 4:40:39 PM   
Hartmann301

Are there any videos showing a human on human game?
Post #: 1
RE: human vs human? - 9/19/2017 6:42:58 PM   
FriendlyKomissar

Interesting concept, but I doubt anyone is really wanting to give away their strategies by publishing a video of their game. Would be cool if someone made an after action report from both sides by video.

Wisely keeping out of Comrade Stalin's way.

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 2
RE: human vs human? - 9/21/2017 9:23:21 AM   
OxfordGuy3

I'd be happy enough just to see some more detailed (i.e. covering turn-by-turn production, research, diplomacy etc. as well as handling of naval units - which mostly seems to be glossed over on the existing AARs) non-video PBEM AARs on the forum, especially for the "vanilla" 1939-start campaign. This would really help newcomers to the game to figure out the basics of some overall strategy. This was basically how I originally learned to play Commander Europe at War (well, that and actually playing the game against human opponents, but they setup me up with some sensible strategies), as there was a ton of excellent PBEM AARs on the Slitherine forum for this.

< Message edited by oxford_guy -- 9/21/2017 9:24:10 AM >

(in reply to FriendlyKomissar)
Post #: 3
RE: human vs human? - 9/24/2017 10:52:53 PM   
Hartmann301

So much has been explained to me on this forum but most hasn't worked when I try it out. The Germans just don't get enough mpps to do everything that is said. I'd love to watch a game with 2 good players so I can see this done for myself.

< Message edited by Hartmann301 -- 9/24/2017 10:58:39 PM >

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: human vs human? - 9/25/2017 10:26:23 AM   
nnason

Here is a link to a match. I think there are other matches going on and there are others that have been archived.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4350232.
As for the Germans, we all have the same problem. Germans are very hard to win with.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

Post #: 5
RE: human vs human? - 1/27/2018 5:41:24 PM   
ikrananka

I have just started publishing my videos of a PBEM++ 1939 campaign game versus Taxman66. I'm playing as the Axis.

I'm intentionally delaying my videos by a few turns so Taxman66 can't directly cheat, but nevertheless he has assured me that he won't watch the videos while the game is in progress.

Unfortunately I'm a newbie at the game and so my strategy and game play is likely far from great I'm doing my best though, studying the rules etc....

If you want to check it out then click on the link in my signature below.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Post #: 6
RE: human vs human? - 2/13/2018 12:44:54 PM   
KorutZelva

I've been poking at couple turn of interval to keep tab on the progress of ikrananka game vs taxman, and it's quite fun. But it would be even better if both sides where doing the same to hear what each side is thinking...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/13/2018 12:45:35 PM >

(in reply to ikrananka)
Post #: 7
RE: human vs human? - 2/13/2018 1:49:49 PM   
Taxman66

I think my NVIDEA software has a built in video recorder but I've never used it. Nor set up a youtube channel etc...

I could post a matching AAR, with very limited info on what has already occured (builds and tech mostly) if there is a desire for it. I won't be able to recall turn by turn descions, and I don't want to watch the videos to be reminded... at least not until the game is over. I could edit in comments then, but would there still be intrest after the game is over?

[teasing]
Of course Ikrananka2 will have to actually play his turns.
[\teasing]

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Videos, Tutorials, Let's Plays >> human vs human? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI