Land Strategic Move (no PanzerKat)

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John B.

Land Strategic Move (no PanzerKat)

Post by John B. »

Hello all,

I'm out of town and don't have the manual but I did a search before I posted this question:

Can a land until strat move (rail not road) through a friendly base hex when the hex the base is in has an enemy unit in it?

The situation is that I (as Japan) just invaded Western Australia. I also landed an Infantry regiment in Port Augusta. You will note that the rail lines from Eastern Australia to Perth all run through Port Augusta. It looks as if I will be unable to take the base. So, can Scott continue to rail units through Port Augusta to Perth or does he need to eliminate my infantry regiment in the hex before he can use the rail line again.
John Barr
GetAssista

RE: Land Strategic Move (no PanzerKat)

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: John B.
Can a land until strat move (rail not road) through a friendly base hex when the hex the base is in has an enemy unit in it?
No, unit on rails will not get through, it will stop at the first hex with enemy LCU present.
On the other hand, when you order strat movement enemy presense in hexes is ignored as long as relevant hex sides are open
John B.

Post by John B. »

Interesting and thanks for the tip! So, he'll have to detrain somewhere away from Port Augsuta, march there, and then entrain again (or kick me out).
John Barr
Aurorus

Post by Aurorus »

Not quite, but more or less correct. See my comment on your AAR.

Return to “The War Room”