Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USSR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> USSR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USSR - 9/12/2017 2:28:23 AM   
dhucul

I like to think I'm a very good player but on the new beta I have not been able to defeat the USSR on veteran. By mid 1943 their morale is so high and then the allies make their un historical 1943 D-day.

Has anyone else had luck on veteran?
Post #: 1
RE: USSR - 9/12/2017 4:10:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi David,

Did the Allies also launch the invasion of North Africa? I only ask since if they did not then those resources begin to build up in the UK instead and once they reach a threshold of sufficient invasion forces then the possibility of landing in 1943 increases.

It is correct that landing in 1943 is not how it happened historically, but not landing in North Africa is also unhistorical so the idea is to have the game adapt to the changes accordingly.

That being said, it can also happen that a North Africa landing and a 1943 invasion is possible, but in this case almost everything needs to go right for the AI in order for this to happen.

Hubert

(in reply to dhucul)
Post #: 2
RE: USSR - 9/12/2017 6:13:35 PM   
dhucul

Yes, they did both.

I have never seen a 1944 invasion. 1943 happens every single time. This happens even when I manage to catch and sink a few transports.

If there is a trigger to do this based on my success in the USSR I would suggest that it be adjusted so that it only happens if two of the three big cities are taken. I had only Stalingrad. (and barely )

In addition, if North Africa happens maybe D-Day in 1943 shouldn't?

It's possible that the Allies have too many amphibs available as well or maybe US income is too high in 1942-1943.

Just thoughts.

< Message edited by dhucul -- 9/12/2017 6:21:38 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: USSR - 9/12/2017 6:39:57 PM   
Hubert Cater

The triggers for D-Day at the moment, and from memory, are just a unit count threshold that needs to be met in the UK. Once met it will trigger for 1943, and if not met for 1943 it will launch for 1944.

Problem I can potentially see for your game is that when you play at the Veteran difficulty level, it is more likely that the UK and the US will have purchased more units than in a default game due to the 10% MPP per turn collection bonus, and as a result then North Africa and D-Day are then a possibility.

I could suggest the following where you customize your game a bit further to see if it comes closer to what you are hoping for:

1) Select the Veteran difficulty level but reset the MPP % bonus to 0.

2) If you plan to play a game without Sealion, then under the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS screen, go to the UNIT scripts and on "page 9" disable all the ALLIED AI: UK - Corps events for the UK island only, i.e. Portsmouth, Oxford, Glasgow and Sheffield as well as the Manchester HQ event. Disable the ALLIED AI: Canada events on "page 10" as well. I'd suggest leaving the rest as is as they work together with the D-Day events once those trigger and you would lose the proper effectiveness of those events.

Likely this combination or perhaps just one of these options is needed and should give you the game you are after.

Hubert

(in reply to dhucul)
Post #: 4
RE: USSR - 9/13/2017 10:57:32 AM   
nnason

I am playing Axis with 1.09.08.
Allies attacked Morocco which I managed to fight off but hurt my prep for 44. Now May 44 and big battle in the channel with lots of amphib at +5 awaiting to invade.
This is second time allies have gone for Morocco in 43.
I have hey to see any invasion earlier.

Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: USSR - 9/13/2017 4:05:40 PM   
Goodmongo

The Axis is really punished lately and there is a thread on it. The only reason I win as Axis is because I win the naval war against the AI and all those transports get sunk before they off load troops in the UK. But if I didn't do that I can easily see losing to the AI.

Basically to win against the SU you need every single HQ, tank, and air unit you can build on that front. I'm talking about the minors also. Plus I defeat the AI in Egypt and put pressure from the south. So I do get the option for a victory as I get the 3 cities but when I play on I rarely can ever force the SU to surrender now. Before 1.04 this happened more often.

Now on one side this makes the game more fun when playing as the Axis as it is much harder. And I do like that. But it totally wrecked the game when playing as the Allies. I'm usually in Berlin by end of 1942, early 1943 at the latest.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> USSR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI