Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panther Games remake?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Panther Games remake? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 2:33:48 PM   
Toby42

With this title on sale, I thought that I would take a look at it. i watched several replays on Youtube. The games look like a Panther Games remake of HTTR and COTA. Are these one and the same developer? I didn't care for the Panther Games ones. You set your orders and objectives, then went and had a coffee and donut. You came back and seen if you won or lost? If there is more to Flashpoint Campaigns let me know!

Tony
Post #: 1
RE: Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 2:44:51 PM   
zakblood

yes rather a lot more than one comment from me could offer or even try and explain, if you've watched some video's and still maybe think it's not for you, i'm not sure what i could say to offer anything better either, some like, some don't, for me it's one of the best modern combat games out there on the board atm, nowhere near as complex as Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations etc. but more depth than most others here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441322

so it depends if you like late war games or not tbh in the end, as Germany Reforged is great with Red Storm just following on and being more up to date

Highway to the Reich and Conquest of the Aegean are both ww2 games, with Germany Reforged & Red Storm being kind of ww3 or late war based, more modern units etc

edited and added ^^ plus edited for spelling as always

can't really find anything really that compares to this title what's out atm, as it's either ww2 or other time period based, or not a sim as such with this amount of detail, even on steam or a net search brings up nothing to match to compare that you may have known or played i'm sorry to say

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3242956&mpage=1&key=�

The Operational Art of War IV is maybe the nearest to it, but still work in progress atm and on a different level and scale

< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/6/2017 2:59:25 PM >

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 2
RE: Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 3:07:08 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

yes rather a lot more than one comment from me could offer or even try and explain, if you've watched some video's and still maybe think it's not for you, i'm not sure what i could say to offer anything better either, some like, some don't, for me it's one of the best modern combat games out there on the board atm, nowhere near as complex as Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations etc. but more depth than most others here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441322

so it depends if you like late war games or not tbh in the end, as Germany Reforged is great with Red Storm just following on and being more up to date

Highway to the Reich and Conquest of the Aegean are both ww2 games, with Germany Reforged & Red Storm being kind of ww3 or late war based, more modern units etc

edited and added ^^ plus edited for spelling as always

can't really find anything really that compares to this title what's out atm, as it's either ww2 or other time period based, or not a sim as such with this amount of detail, even on steam or a net search brings up nothing to match to compare that you may have known or played i'm sorry to say

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3242956&mpage=1&key=�

The Operational Art of War IV is maybe the nearest to it, but still work in progress atm and on a different level and scale

Thanks for the input. At $25 I may pick it up just because. I'm sure that over the years I've poorer decisions!

Tony

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 3:51:58 PM   
Capn Darwin

And no, we are not the same Developement team. While both games have a similar look, scale, timing, command and control, and combat all have their differences. You can check out some of the game streams, one happening right now or view the one Stimpak ran this weekend. They should show a fair amount of the action.

13 Update is live! Everyone is working hard on Southern Storm!

Website still in limbo

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 4
RE: Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 5:13:59 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

And no, we are not the same Developement team. While both games have a similar look, scale, timing, command and control, and combat all have their differences. You can check out some of the game streams, one happening right now or view the one Stimpak ran this weekend. They should show a fair amount of the action.

I couldn't find anyone saying anything bad about the game, so I bought it! I'm sure that it will be a positive experience.

I used to board game with a guy from Newark Ohio. Mostly Squad Leader! A long time ago...

Tony

(in reply to Capn Darwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Panther Games remake? - 9/6/2017 5:36:38 PM   
zakblood

epic game, squad leader

still got mine

and enjoy Flashpoint Campaigns, don't think you will regret it

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 9/6/2017 5:37:58 PM >

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Panther Games remake? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI