Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/6/2017 1:44:21 PM   
coolts

I'll admit I've never played the GC yet in WitW, but have played many in WitE and am used to the dreaded mud halting offensive operations for a few turns before snow, but in this scenario at least.....It's been a long, long time with nothing to do. Air ops cancelled due to weather and two 1-CV ant armies staring each other down south of Florence as mud has slashed CV's.

My railway repair units are seeing the most action.

Looking at the dominating weather screen, "rain" is here for many many momths.

Am i missing something? Should i be hitting 'end turn' till may '44? Seems poinltess.

"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
Post #: 1
RE: Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/6/2017 2:33:10 PM   
Lovenought

Mud should be much less of an issue in WITW, according to the manual. As I understand it, in places with poor national road values, mud is still an issue. In places with the higher national road values, mud is much less important.

(in reply to coolts)
Post #: 2
RE: Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/6/2017 2:36:44 PM   
coolts

I'm in Italy. In 1943. The roads are medieval!

"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 3
RE: Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/6/2017 4:15:34 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: coolts

I'm in Italy. In 1943. The roads are medieval!

You think Italy has mud? Try Russia.

(in reply to coolts)
Post #: 4
RE: Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/6/2017 6:01:39 PM   
Joel Billings

Here's the weather chart from the editor. Note that with Average Roads, Italy isn't too bad in light mud (80% attack modifier). Heavy mud is still bad. You can get the high pressure system from Africa that dries things out for a few turns (giving you dry and/or light mud), but otherwise you are facing difficulty attacking in the heavy mud (not to mention issues with your airpower). Rain/mud was a huge factor in Italy and it is in the game (not as bad as Russia, but still an issue).

Attachment (1)

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 5
RE: Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... - 9/16/2017 2:17:09 PM   
coolts

I've gone back to it after re-reading the weather section of the manual and the tips above and its a far more nuanced system than I'm used to in WitE where it was almost binary. Clear=go, Mud=stop. If you follow that rule in WitW you wont get anywhere!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Battleground Italy: Mud, end turn, mud, end turn.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI