Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Really a Gem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Really a Gem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Really a Gem - 9/5/2017 9:13:26 PM   
Goodmongo

I bought this game and it's a real gem. The issues I'm having is that the website over at AGEOD is not sending out confirmation emails to allow users to make posts. And no one is responding to the emails I've sent about it.

The learning curve is kind of high and there are many things not explained or changed from the manual. So without some place to ask questions it does cause some consternation. But that's not the game's fault.

Also the saved game function is borked and I can't load saved games. I did come up with a work around but it would be nice to actually post the issue and see what the real fix should be.

Once a few things are worked out I can see playing this game for many hours. It is pretty historical which means you should play from the South's side as it is extremely easy playing as the North. One or two major screw ups and you can lose as the South. Or even some bad luck like when I had Longstreet and Lee both killed in some battles (bad random chance).
Post #: 1
RE: Really a Gem - 9/6/2017 12:44:08 PM   
Poopyhead

I'll link your post over at the AGEOD forum, so they should fix this shortly.

It's up.

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 9/6/2017 12:46:11 PM >

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 2
RE: Really a Gem - 9/6/2017 2:18:39 PM   
Goodmongo

Thanks, appreciate that.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 3
RE: Really a Gem - 9/6/2017 5:25:52 PM   
altipueri

Hmm, I've got most of the Ageod games.

Does the resume game function work? This continues the game from your last turn?

I've just tried to load game function on my version 1.06 and it works fine. The pictures on the screen look like the scenario choice menu and you have scroll down looking at the date e.g "Late June"

I'm not a tech person so I can't think of anything else to suggest except try a new install and keep all the options to default.

Hopefully someone else will drop by to help you.

Edit - I've just noticed that I'm playing with an older version of the game. The latest shows turn number on the load game choices. The latest is 1.06.03 from December 2016.

< Message edited by altipueri -- 9/6/2017 5:36:43 PM >

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 4
RE: Really a Gem - 9/6/2017 6:04:19 PM   
Goodmongo

Yes the resume function works. But the Load button does not. I am going to reinstall. I also had a crash during a save so that might have corrupted the save folders. And over on the other forums was same instructions on how to manually load a saved game and change the saved game directory. I'll be trying all of those after I finish my current game.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 5
RE: Really a Gem - 9/7/2017 12:44:48 PM   
Poopyhead

Has someone resolved your issues yet?

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 6
RE: Really a Gem - 9/7/2017 2:03:41 PM   
Goodmongo

Not yet. I did open a support ticket late yesterday. I'm almost finished with my current game so I'll be doing a reinstall. Talk about a deep yet fun game. While I'll lose as the South I came close to winning. Made a few mistakes like not having a defensive reaction force farther south on the Mississippi to protect Vicksburg and New Orleans. I also didn't stop the north from invading in South Carolina. I was holding the northern lines but the AI did these end arounds on me.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 7
RE: Really a Gem - 9/7/2017 2:10:41 PM   
Poopyhead

Well the thread I started at AGEOD has over 100 views, so maybe wheels are turning.

I'm glad your game is at least playable. Next time, put together a killer stack and take D.C. as soon as possible. I defeated a maxed out Union AI in October 1861. Good luck!

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 8
RE: Really a Gem - 9/8/2017 3:29:18 PM   
Pocus

Hi and sorry for the trouble.

GoodMongo, your account was not active at Ageod forums, did you check your spam box?

I now activated it. If you have further trouble, please send again a ticket and support will follow up or see with me.

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Check our historical strategy games on Napoleon, the Great War, the American Civil War, War of American Independence and others!

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 9
RE: Really a Gem - 9/8/2017 4:29:15 PM   
Goodmongo

Pocus, thank you. I did check spam and junk mail and nothing was received from AEGOD. I even clicked on the support but somehow that got sent to someone at Slitherine and he thought I was having trouble with Matrix forums.

Actually I just tried to login at http://www.ageod-forum.com/ucp.php?mode=login using the Goodmongo ID and got this error message:
"The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

I will try clicking on Support and creating a new ticket.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 10
RE: Really a Gem - 9/13/2017 4:06:38 PM   
Poopyhead

Here's the thread at AGEOD where I posted about your continuing nonactivation problem:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=51877

It's had over 100 views since I updated it. Hope that you get help soon.

(in reply to Goodmongo)
Post #: 11
RE: Really a Gem - 9/13/2017 6:46:07 PM   
Goodmongo

Yes I'm aware of the thread and have been in contact with people from AGEOD trying to fix it. Seems the account is active for them but not for me right now. Pocus has been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Really a Gem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI