Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

fuel air drop new player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> fuel air drop new player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fuel air drop new player - 8/31/2017 8:24:30 AM   
tonyscrase

I did an air drop of fuel for one of my divisions and expected its movement allowance to increase but it went down

why is this

THANK YOU
Post #: 1
RE: fuel air drop new player - 8/31/2017 2:30:22 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonyscrase

I did an air drop of fuel for one of my divisions and expected its movement allowance to increase but it went down

why is this

THANK YOU

If you mean it went down in the same turn, this is because movement points are taken away while the troops are searching in the fields for the drop tanks. A good tip is to do the fuel drop after units have finished their movement that turn so that they have no more movement points to lose. Also the air dropped fuel cannot be used until the next turn.

If you mean it went down in the next turn then it should be remembered they will have more movement points than if there had been no air drops. However usually air dropping fuel provides only a small amount of fuel a unit needs. If the unit has moved in to a worse supply situation then whatever extra the air drop will give will be more than outweighed by less overland deliveries. Air dropping fuel should only be seen as the cherry on the cake, the backbone of your supplies will still be delivered by rail and lorry. So rail repair, friendly controlled corridors of good terrain, in range HQs, and HQ Buildups should really be what you are looking for to maintain fuel levels.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 8/31/2017 2:31:31 PM >

(in reply to tonyscrase)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> fuel air drop new player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI