Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem upgrading squadrons - PDU Off

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem upgrading squadrons - PDU Off Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem upgrading squadrons - PDU Off - 8/29/2017 6:15:17 PM   
Lowpe

This is now the 2nd time this has happened to me:

I have a fighter squadron that upgrades from KI61a to Ki61c and then to Ki61d where the upgrade path ends.

The squadron gets removed sometime in 1944.

So to manually upgrade you need to have enough 61c & 61d in the pools to completely fill out the squadron, which I do.

Clicking on the manual upgrade button, I get a prompt: Keep original upgrade path Ki61a Y/N. If I click Yes, then the next plane in the upgrade path is back to the Ki61a. If I click no, the next plane in the upgrade path is the 61c even though the squadron is already upgraded to the 61c.

This happened prior to me with an Oscar squadron, and no matter what I did, I could not get the squadron to upgrade past the current model. I have tried everything but disbanding which I might try.

When I next get my turn, I will include some pictures, but it is sort of frustrating, and I think the work around, maybe to not manually upgrade squadrons that at a later point get removed from play but my habit is to normally manually handle upgrades in most cases.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 8/30/2017 11:52:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 6:40:59 PM   
geofflambert

By "manual upgrade button" do you mean the Upgrade Now button that may appear after you click on the button next to "Do Not Upgrade" [edit: and select the model you wish to upgrade to] if that option (upgrade now)is available in your location?
By the way, you are wrong about needing the full complement of planes available, as you can see here:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 8/29/2017 6:45:53 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 6:54:37 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

By "manual upgrade button" do you mean the Upgrade Now button that may appear after you click on the button next to "Do Not Upgrade" [edit: and select the model you wish to upgrade to] if that option (upgrade now)is available in your location?
By the way, you are wrong about needing the full complement of planes available, as you can see here:

You are right and wrong.

Correct, manual upgrade is the upgrade now button.

You are incorrect, in that you cannot manually upgrade a squadron that is set to be withdrawn at a later date unless you have a full compliment of planes in the pools.

13th Sentai doesn't get withdrawn, so can be upgrade with as few as 1 plane in the pool.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 6:58:00 PM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 6:58:29 PM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 7:01:06 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

You are right and wrong.

Correct, manual upgrade is the upgrade now button.

You are incorrect, in that you cannot manually upgrade a squadron that is set to be withdrawn at a later date unless you have a full compliment of planes in the pools.

13th Sentai doesn't get withdrawn, so can be upgrade with as few as 1 plane in the pool.

Learn something every day.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 7:09:46 PM   
geofflambert

Unfortunately for me, I forget at least two things every day. That's probably happened in this specific case more than once.

Post #: 7
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 7:13:37 PM   
geofflambert

I suppose that's in there to keep you from being "gamey" but I always forego the PP bonus and keep the planes when withdrawing.

Post #: 8
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 9:03:52 PM   
Lowpe

Here is a graphic...

it is a loop. Select Y and the next plane you upgrade to is back from the Ki61c to the Ki61a. Select no, and you can't upgrade past the Ki61c despite having enough planes in the pool of Ki61d.

Very odd.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 9:11:34 PM   
BillBrown

Is this a PDU on or off game?

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 10:20:06 PM   
Lowpe

PDU off

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 10:33:41 PM   
BillBrown

Don't you have to upgrade one step at a time in a PDU off game?
And is that squadron able to upgrade to the next model.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 11:05:48 PM   
Alfred

Need to also see screenshot of the upgrade model options screen.

Alfred

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 13
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/29/2017 11:51:44 PM   
Lowpe

Ask and you shall receive.

My two lost sheep. I see that only one of the squadrons get's withdrawn. Hm. I posted about the Oscar squadron before and everyone was clueless.

I should look at the in the editor maybe.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 14
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/30/2017 4:00:07 AM   
Alfred

Lowpe,

Read my posts in this 2014 thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3532136&mpage=1&key=upgrade&#3532964

The Oscar unit is not  supposed to upgrade.  The Tony is meant to upgrade to the Ic model.  Once equipped with that, dependent on the scenario designer's intentions, the Id model may be allowed.  Usually in a PDU OFF game squadron upgrade paths follow the aircraft factory upgrade path.  The path will only become available if you say No and the designer allowed it.

The fundamental point (dealt with in the linked thread) is that the right hand side screen is not the upgrade path.  The upgrade path is seen in the left hand side screen.

Alfred

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 15
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/30/2017 4:58:19 AM   
Aurorus

Both squadrons change size to 49 in 1944. I am thinking that may be causing the problem. Try to upgrade after you have 49 Tony 1cs and Oscar IVs in the pool, at least for the Tony squadron.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 16
RE: Problem upgrading squadrons - 8/30/2017 11:50:30 AM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Lowpe,

Read my posts in this 2014 thread.

My pardon for missing the answer in a topless dancers titled thread, I should have known better!

"Not relevant in a PDU off game." My goodness Alfred, is there any question you haven't answered already. You have the patience of Job.

The implications that the right hand side is not relevant for a PDU off game...literally means Tracker is all of a sudden not such a great tool for planning out air upgrade paths as the Tony squadron is clearly shown to upgrade to the 61d and stop. I long ago noticed inconsistencies in tracker with the upgrade function...and double checked important paths in the game -- but now that upgrade path on the right is shown to be not relevant!

My goodness...how then do you understand what a squadron can upgrade to past their current upgrade?

On the other hand, it is nice being able to keep the initial upgrade path (i.e. the Ki61a) because it offers the opportunity to upgrade to a downgrade so to speak (potentially a model that has planes in the pool).

Many thanks.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem upgrading squadrons - PDU Off Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI