Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech inf to open

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech inf to open Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech inf... - 8/24/2017 9:18:14 PM   
KungPao

I do feel like this is an AI's weakness at tactical level ,

for example, I just finished Hell's cross road as NATO.
pic attached, sorry for the low quality pic. In pervious turn, AI send waves of tanks into the town. My dug in infantry gave them a bloody nose.
then the next turn I saw the AI's BMP company rush through the open ground, of course this reckless maneuver doesn't end well.

Attachment (1)

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Post #: 1
RE: AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech... - 8/26/2017 5:04:10 PM   
Capn Darwin

A lot of that situation is conditional on the situation. Units are attempting to take objectives. The AI will take if it exists, a combined arms group into an objective. Depending on initial position or layout of forces on the map those units could have timing issues hitting the target together. Another AI move seen in your pictures is follow-on units attempting to get to the objective while avoiding know kill zones where friendly units have died. In this case, the Mech groups looping over the top to the north. Unfortunately, they are hit from units on two sides and hammered in the open. Not a lot of good choices for an approach at that point.

Our hope is to improve the AI actions in Southern Storm and make some of that flow and respond better.

13 Update is live! Everyone is working hard on Southern Storm!

Website still in limbo

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 2
RE: AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech... - 9/1/2017 7:44:50 PM   
KungPao

Thanks for putting some thoughts on this issue Capn Darwin. We can't wait for Southern Storm. Right now this game's AI is great compare to other games, however a greedy customer like me want to take more :)

After the original post, I have some other thoughts. is it possible that the equipment density is also a factor? Mech Inf has both vehicle and foot soldiers in the counter, AI treat it as high density counter and will do its best to avoid it stack with other units?

quote:

The AI will take if it exists, a combined arms group into an objective

This is one of my other thoughts too
I am doing some experiments right now, I have modified some of the scenarios and cross-attached the AI's Inf with Tanks. let's see if this will make the AI more deadly.

< Message edited by KungPao -- 9/1/2017 7:45:26 PM >

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

(in reply to Capn Darwin)
Post #: 3
RE: AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech... - 9/16/2017 4:52:30 PM   
Mad Russian

Yes. Equipment density can be a problem. If there is a high density the AI will bypass the area where the density is high. So, if tanks were going down the road and got stopped the follow up infantry could get detoured out into open ground.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> AI has a tendency to send Tanks into the town, Mech inf to open Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI