Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What should I do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What should I do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What should I do? - 8/16/2017 2:29:13 PM   
aaatoysandmore

I recently lost my copy of Norbsoft's Scourge of War : Gettysburg due to some wonky thing with my computer just deleting the whole folder into oblivion.

I still have the activation code and the setup.exe but I originally bought the game from when he was with Paradox or I think I did because it's not in my Matrixgames folder with all the other activation keys that I keep stored there. It was just in a misl folder by itself.

I reinstalled it but when I tried to activate it I kept getting some DNS error that the page wasn't active anymore to accept the activation code. When I went directly to Norbsoft's website to try to get support they said to come here.

So, where or how do I activate the game again here? I can't find anything to input the code I have.

Hope you can help.
Post #: 1
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 2:34:52 PM   
zakblood

contact support, they will advice on whats the best course of action

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 2:38:22 PM   
VPaulus

try the following:

Login in your Matrix Members Club account:
http://matrixgames.com/members/
At your right you'll find an option named "Register your Game", click on it. Insert your game activation code there. (the one provided by NorbsoftDev)

Then follow the guide presented here for downloading your registered games from the Member's area.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024

Post #: 3
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 2:40:58 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Ok I'll try that VPaulus and thanks and thank you too Zak I'll do that as a backup.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 3:34:02 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Thanks VPaulus; that worked. Happy camper again as you all know Norbsoft is my favorite developer and games to play.

Post #: 5
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 6:14:32 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

Back up your games. I recommend external hard disk drive for that. Unplug it when not copying files, and store it in a box or closet or other place where dust doesn't get on it. Most of my games fit on single terabyte HDD, and the rest are on Steam and Good Old Games servers and accessible without limitations.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Post #: 6
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 7:21:03 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Back up your games. I recommend external hard disk drive for that. Unplug it when not copying files, and store it in a box or closet or other place where dust doesn't get on it. Most of my games fit on single terabyte HDD, and the rest are on Steam and Good Old Games servers and accessible without limitations.

It wasn't a "backup" problem it was an "activation" problem as I bought when it was distributed by Paradox and the code didn't work on that webpage any longer. I needed a site that would accept and activate the code.

Just as an fyi I've always used a 3 backup system for storing my games setup.exe files. One external hard drive, one internal and one flash drive. The only thing that could get all 3 would be an act of God (no religion intended)

This is always why I like Steam a bit more now as it stores all the games I buy there in the clouds so I'll always have them that I bought online. Of course I can't store every game on the flash drive; I just store the ones I want to keep playing if I should lose the devices.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 8/16/2017 7:27:19 PM >

(in reply to Matti Kuokkanen)
Post #: 7
RE: What should I do? - 8/16/2017 8:16:31 PM   
Yogi the Great

If you can't register it as suggested by VPaulus you can try filling out a help ticket. Not sure if you will have any luck though, I had a similar problem with For Liberty which I purchased when Battlefront had the game.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Post #: 8
RE: What should I do? - 8/17/2017 1:40:11 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

If you can't register it as suggested by VPaulus you can try filling out a help ticket. Not sure if you will have any luck though, I had a similar problem with For Liberty which I purchased when Battlefront had the game.

Yeah, it worked quite nicely as I said "above", just needed a place to input the activation code and there it was waiting for me.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What should I do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote