Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole days?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole days? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole days? - 8/16/2017 1:31:47 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Here's an interesting game that seems like it with more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJEwvQQ5f4

Click to 4:15 time if you want to skip the psycho babble of this guy.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 8/16/2017 1:34:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/16/2017 1:41:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

I owned and played Geopolitique from SSI and also have Twilight Struggle. Geopolitique was fun, though fairly abstract. Twilight Struggle is a fantastic historical tour of Cold War diplomatic strategy and history in the form of a board game.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/16/2017 2:38:12 PM   
aaatoysandmore

It definitely looks and plays (from what I saw on YouTube) more detailed than Geopolitique but quickly reminded me of that game I also played the ying yang out of it back in the day. SSI really did make some great games then. I have almost all of them save for a few.

I even as you know go back and play some of them from time to time. "War of the Lance" is my favorite, Battle of the Bulge, Battles of Napoleon, all the Civilwar ones and all the Gold Boxed RPG series. I'm so glad to have lived in the pioneer years of computer gaming. Back in the days when games were more simple and less time consuming to play and a stick man was an awesome graphic.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/16/2017 5:16:13 PM   
E

I could never get into Geopolitique 1990. My favorites were games like Fighter Command, Kampfgruppe, Operation Market Garden, Computer Air Combat, Computer Ambush, Panzer Strike, USAAF, Sixgun Shootout, etc, etc. (ad infinitum!). I still play them from time to time, either on an emulator or my GS that sits next to my PC.

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

How exactly, are you "like" OMG? You weren't thinking it? You weren't exclaiming it? You were actually LIKE it?
How does that work?

Post #: 4
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/17/2017 12:34:03 AM   
Challerain

Geopolitique 1990 was a great game

(in reply to E)
Post #: 5
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/17/2017 1:35:23 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Geopolitique 1990 was a great game

Did you ever play Nuke War the simple geopolitique game? Funny cartoon characters of the times governments and nuclear war just about all the time.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 6
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/17/2017 2:07:56 AM   
rosseau

Man has time flew, with Geopolitique 1990 referring to 1990 as the future!

I am so clueless on Twilight Struggle. To me it is a hard game. Need to find a guide on Steam I guess.

Post #: 7
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/17/2017 5:07:52 AM   
rico21

Twilight Struggle is a cheat, it confuses france and North Korea by positioning General De Gaulle on the Soviet side. For information, gentlemen Anglo-Saxon creators, the French hero is not Napoleon whom you persist in attributing us but General de Gaulle who allowed France to rise in one piece at the end of the second war World and later we endow nuclear weapons. What during the Cuban missile crisis allowed him to respond to the Soviets who told him they could destroy France 100 times, "We can destroy you once!"

Post #: 8
RE: Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole ... - 8/17/2017 7:25:32 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Man has time flew, with Geopolitique 1990 referring to 1990 as the future!

I am so clueless on Twilight Struggle. To me it is a hard game. Need to find a guide on Steam I guess.

https://twilightstrategy.com/ It's for the boardgame, but it still works.

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Who's an old Geopolitique player from the good ole days? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI