Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When You Think You're Really Smart

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: When You Think You're Really Smart Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When You Think You're Really Smart - 8/23/2017 3:06:37 AM   
wdolson

quote:

ORIGINAL: WRLertola

I like cats, they like me but that is probably because they sense I am allergic to them.
Really badly allergic, to dogs also but only a minor reaction so I've had dogs as pets.
Want to get a malamute at some point, not the right time though.

quote:

I like cats, they like me but that is probably because they sense I am allergic to them.
Really badly allergic, to dogs also but only a minor reaction so I've had dogs as pets.

A Siberian Forest Cat might work for you. Siberians can be very low allergen. My SO is mildly allergic to cats and we got a pair of Siberians last year from Lundberg in Oregon. She hasn't had any issues. Other people with cat allergies have been here and only one had any reaction. If you are allergic to rabbits or horses and cats, it's a different allergen than just a cat allergy and there are no cats OK for those people.

The owner of Lundberg's was a cat geneticist at UC Davis and he developed the test used today for the allergens. Here is a list of catteries that use the tests Lundberg created:
http://www.kittentesting.com/catteries.html

On another page on that site, they detail the scale they use when testing the cats. One of our cats ended up below the bottom of the scale for Extremely Low and the other is borderline Low-Medium. They are not super inbred because the gene pool breeders can draw on is massive (pretty much all of Russia), so they tend to be healthy cats. They are also very smart and one of the most affectionate breeds. They are descended from a different species of wild cat than other cats and that breed is more communal than most cats.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 31
RE: When You Think You're Really Smart - 8/25/2017 12:05:05 AM   
Will_L

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

quote:

A Siberian Forest Cat might work for you. Siberians can be very low allergen. My SO is mildly allergic to cats and we got a pair of Siberians last year from Lundberg in Oregon. She hasn't had any issues. Other people with cat allergies have been here and only one had any reaction. If you are allergic to rabbits or horses and cats, it's a different allergen than just a cat allergy and there are no cats OK for those people.

The owner of Lundberg's was a cat geneticist at UC Davis and he developed the test used today for the allergens. Here is a list of catteries that use the tests Lundberg created:
http://www.kittentesting.com/catteries.html

On another page on that site, they detail the scale they use when testing the cats. One of our cats ended up below the bottom of the scale for Extremely Low and the other is borderline Low-Medium. They are not super inbred because the gene pool breeders can draw on is massive (pretty much all of Russia), so they tend to be healthy cats. They are also very smart and one of the most affectionate breeds. They are descended from a different species of wild cat than other cats and that breed is more communal than most cats.

Bill

Thank you

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: When You Think You're Really Smart Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI