Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trying to interpret airplane stats...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Trying to interpret airplane stats... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trying to interpret airplane stats... - 8/13/2017 7:49:59 PM   
Der Kuenstler

So the manual says 'All aircraft and AFV/Combat vehicles have a reliability rating which ranges from “really good” (lower numbers) to “really bad” (higher numbers).' This doesn't make logical sense to me but I can adjust. It seems like the higher the number the higher the reliability rating should be. Do all the other ratings work that way too? Like Durability, Maneuver, and Armor? The higher number is worse than the smaller number? It appears opposite - like the Sturmovik has "2" armor and the Bf 109 has "1" armor. Which is really confusing!
Post #: 1
RE: Trying to interpret airplane stats... - 8/13/2017 8:13:51 PM   
Joel Billings

No, most numbers higher is better. Reliability happens to be set up in a way that high is bad (think unreliable).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Der Kuenstler)
Post #: 2
RE: Trying to interpret airplane stats... - 8/14/2017 2:31:23 AM   
Der Kuenstler

OK thanks!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Trying to interpret airplane stats... - 8/14/2017 5:00:31 PM   
HMSWarspite

Caught me when I started. The other thing you should probably be aware of (if comparing with RL, not in game) is Maneuver is not just 'how well the plane turns'... it is more 'how agile/useful is the plane in combat'. People read up about the aircraft in game and then look at the stats and wonder. A classic is the Spitfires. I forget the specifics, but later Spitfires turned less well than earlier ones (they were heavier with the same wing, so higher wing loading), yet maneuver goes up with later marks... this is because the power goes up and the aircraft is generally 'better' at combat - more options, better sustained turn, better zoom/dive etc.

As I say, you don't need this to play the game - higher is better (except for reliability )

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to Der Kuenstler)
Post #: 4
RE: Trying to interpret airplane stats... - 8/15/2017 3:26:15 AM   
Der Kuenstler

Ah...OK thanks - maybe in a future patch that stat should say "breakdowns" or "malfunctions" - then everything would match. One less thing to remember!

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Trying to interpret airplane stats... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI