Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B972.7] Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B972.7] Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B972.7] Units not assigned to missions (pole pos... - 7/29/2017 6:11:43 PM   
Grazyn

Hello, I have an issue with the latest DLC scenario. When I start it (normal, not editor mode) from Russian or US side, units from the opposite side stand still instead of being assigned to their missions. I opened it in editor mode as well and it seems like they're supposed to be automatically assigned to missions via lua script but it doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 10/25/2017 9:17:49 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 7/31/2017 8:45:38 AM   
Grazyn

I know nothing of events and scripts so I feel like I'm banging rocks together here, but I realized there is an event called "scenario start" that is supposed to assign units to their mission, but this event doesn't seem to activate unless I do it manually from the editor. However, if I do it, russian units are correctly assigned, but US units are not: in particular, the Ohio and the Seawolf don't get assigned to their missions even though there is a lua script to assign both of them.

I can't upload the scenario for some reason (it says C:\fakepath\Pole Positions.scen is not supported) but it's the vanilla DLC just as downloaded from steam. If anyone who is familiar with events/scripts could tell me how to fix it it would be great.

Also there is another, minor issue but maybe it's intended: both russian and US subs have their patrol RoE set as "weapons free" against all unidentified submerged targets, regardless of side stance. They will fire on you as you get near them, thus bypassing the triggers that change side stance due to events. For the US, this means that as your sub approaches a russian one, they fire on you, becoming hostile. If you kill it, you get the message "good work, you killed one sub, now don't kill another one"... but when you gather enough evidence on russian activities you get the order to kill one sub, and if you do it you instantly fail. Funny thing is, you can prevent the russians from firing on you if you let them identify yourself... since their stance towards US is neutral. "Hey look there's a russian sub a few miles away, let's cavitate so they know who we are and don't shoot" (no such luck if you're playing russia because US has you as unfriendly and will always fire)

< Message edited by Grazyn -- 7/31/2017 9:03:02 AM >

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 2
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 8/8/2017 3:57:22 AM   
JPL19

I admit I am not proficient in this sim yet, but, the "weapons free" baffles me.

I caught it when I set up my own patrol missions and changed it to TIGHT, not wanting to start a war. Lo and behold two of my subs get blown out of the water. This was before I even got close to anything other than patrolling (not close to deploying the SEAL teams). Was waiting for a message that the balloon had gone up . . .

Joe

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 3
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 8/8/2017 7:15:19 AM   
michaelm75au

Note that the missions are scrubbed if the player for that side is 'human' (see tick box in lower left corner on mission editor screen). This is usually how designers set up the scenarios; it gives the human player the options to use the platforms however they want.
If you want to see the missions before they get scrubbed, then you need to look at it thru the Editor where this is bypassed.

Michael

(in reply to JPL19)
Post #: 4
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 8/8/2017 7:49:55 AM   
Grazyn

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Note that the missions are scrubbed if the player for that side is 'human' (see tick box in lower left corner on mission editor screen). This is usually how designers set up the scenarios; it gives the human player the options to use the platforms however they want.
If you want to see the missions before they get scrubbed, then you need to look at it thru the Editor where this is bypassed.

Thank you, I know that and most of the issues have been solved by the creator, there are still 3 US subs not being assigned to missions at start if you play as Russia.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 5
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 8/8/2017 11:56:47 AM   
Eggstor

The 3 US subs not assigned at mission start is by design.

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 6
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 10/19/2017 7:18:41 AM   
Grazyn

Upping this because the bug resurfaced (pun intended) with 1.13. The event "scenario start" is once again not active at start and units are not getting assigned to missions. Bug still there as of build 972.5

< Message edited by Grazyn -- 10/19/2017 9:25:57 AM >

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 7
RE: Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) - 10/25/2017 9:17:30 AM   
Dimitris

Thanks for the heads up! The fix probably slipped through the cracks of the overall release. It will be included on the next hotfix.

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B972.7] Units not assigned to missions (pole positions DLC) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI