Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] United States Great Lakes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] United States Great Lakes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] United States Great Lakes - 7/24/2017 9:04:39 AM   
KenMech

I was playing around with the editor and I was unable to create a ship inside the great lakes (any of them). I was able to create a ship and them "move" the ship to one of the great lakes but it will not move. Plotting a path in the lakes sometimes will work and sometimes it acts like you are trying to move the ship overland. When I did plot a path the ship would jump to the end point skipping the intervening distance.

The Great lakes are not a well traveled area for warships and it may be that the lakes are not modeled for use. I did search the forums and found no mention of this. I apologize if this has been covered before.

Ken

< Message edited by emsoy -- 8/9/2017 7:31:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: United States Great Lakes - 7/24/2017 9:07:48 AM   
Dimitris

Hi,

That is correct; we don't explicitly model the great lakes as sea areas at the moment (other than the Caspian IIRC).

(in reply to KenMech)
Post #: 2
RE: United States Great Lakes - 7/24/2017 12:14:36 PM   
Eggstor

Given there hasn't been a naval battle on the Great Lakes since the War of 1812, I don't see a real need to make them navigable. The only USN boats I've seen on Lake Michigan are the now-retired Oliver Hazard Perry frigates (I don't recall any long-hull versions making the trip) and the Freedom-class LCS (which are built in Marinette, Wisconsin, on Lake Michigan).

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: United States Great Lakes - 7/24/2017 10:08:25 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Yeah I don't think is really a priority to make the Great Lakes navigable for ships in-game. Plus you might need to come up with a pretty outlandish reason to have the US fight Canada in the modern era.

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 4
RE: United States Great Lakes - 7/25/2017 12:30:23 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

Yeah I don't think is really a priority to make the Great Lakes navigable for ships in-game. Plus you might need to come up with a pretty outlandish reason to have the US fight Canada in the modern era.

Bruins vs. Habs always.

Mike

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] United States Great Lakes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI