Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 50% off until July 23rd!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 50% off until July 23rd! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 50% o... - 7/20/2017 10:21:16 AM   
Daniele

Brother against Brother 50% off until July 23rd!
Challenge yourself with the best regimental-level wargame on the American Civil War!

< Message edited by Daniele -- 7/20/2017 1:22:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 10:28:51 AM   
elmo3

The game is half off so any opinions on whether it's worth it would be appreciated. I'm only really interested in PBEM with a friend, so are the PBEM bugs fixed and were any scenarios balanced with PBEM in mind? Thanks.

Edit - Will the game run at 1920x1080 and larger resolutions?

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 7/20/2017 10:47:01 AM >

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 11:06:00 AM   
Yogi the Great

1) Game is well worth it, best civil war battle game system out there. So wish they would continue the series as originally planned. This is a gem that gives you at least some understanding of actual civil war era problems. Troops may not be willing to go when or where you want. Grand plans can fall apart when only half of your divisions followed the order or got there late. There are no radios on the civil war battlefield so maybe your message was not received or the division commander just didn't want to go. You no longer select who you fire at, the game does that for you. In real battles they usually shot at the closest thing in front of them. Commands for type of action formations need to be selected again they may not do it.

2) Takes some effort and patience to lean the system, many complain they wanted a good tutorial but I found it isn't hard once you get it.

3) I have done pbem a number of games without a problem. However they should tweak and improve the pbem system, there were plans to do that as the series developed but can't say if or when that may happen. Some players felt they need to see more of the battle action results and some other things that are often seen in turn replay in other games. I am still hopeful that the series will continue some day.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 11:26:43 AM   
zakblood

i'd say yes also, one of the best C&C out there by a long way, to portray real life events, as they don't always do as you say or wish, but that's part of it's appeal tbh for me

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 4
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 11:45:59 AM   
elmo3

Thanks guys. So I take it there is no turn replay in PBEM? In that case what do you get to see from the other players turn?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 12:25:41 PM   
zakblood

no idea tbh, never played PBEM myself, only single player

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 6
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 1:23:48 PM   
Daniele

Hi Guys,

The sale ends on July 23rd, not on August 23rd. Sorry for that, it was an oversight on our side.

Cheers,
Daniele

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 1:42:52 PM   
zakblood

quote:

Will the game run at 1920x1080

yes,.

and fine in windows 10 as well

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 8
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 2:44:59 PM   
elmo3

Thanks Zak.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 2:51:01 PM   
zakblood

np, if you need to know something or ask about it, just pm as normal, i'm mostly around somewhere doing some testing on one form or another

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 10
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 6:05:04 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Thanks guys. So I take it there is no turn replay in PBEM? In that case what do you get to see from the other players turn?

Testing my memory been a little while, I enjoyed the pbem games I played. You will see limited battle sequence, if I remember correctly you see the enemy return the result of the enemies last move and resulting battles against you. You don't see your battle results against them they do when they open up the turn. Could that be the other way around possibly main point being you only see half of the action. But you can go back on the battle reports to see such result statistics you just don't see the actual battle turn fought out

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 11
RE: American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 5... - 7/20/2017 6:10:42 PM   
elmo3

Thanks much Yogi.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> American Civil War Month! Brother against Brother 50% off until July 23rd! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI