ORIGINAL: el cid again
I did not notice anyone posted on the forums about the editor.
If this is a request for access to the new editors, I can send them to you.
If this is a comment about discussions, there used to be many more discussions.
These may be found in very old threads.
I am surprised by your effort, but think it is a worthy one. I would like to
easily access fields not available in the standard editors. In WITP days,
there was a non Matrix editor which permitted doing that, and I miss some of its
features. So Bravo!
I really just mean that I have not been paying as much attention to the forums so I did not notice that John had posed a question to me about the capabilities of the new editor. I'm suggesting that in this case where has something specific he'd like to check for in his scenario that he IM me. I may not see the post even once I check the forums, but I will see the IM/e-mail almost immediately. I tend to check the forums several times per day and note new threads and posts. More recently, I've been engrossed in design and development on both the editor and the new game.
On the editor,
- I've been testing alternatives to HSQLDB (the DB used by Tracker)
- Working in the new witploadae (my original version used the 1.7.1124 version instead of the beta 1126 version that exposes additional fields)
- Looking at how to incorporate witploadai which I did not know existed when I started this effort.
- Redesigning the drag and drop/bulk copy/replace logic
- Working on the creating new LCU AV, AAA, ASW, and Gun ratings
Working on the last part and stumbling across an ASW rant?/debate? sent me on a tangent of typing up and refining ASW concepts for the design on the new game. I needed a break from staring at code / design docs, so I engaged a different part of my brain to try out 3d modelling of aircraft.