Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Biology and Plant Spec here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any Biology and Plant Spec here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Biology and Plant Spec here? - 7/18/2017 3:12:19 PM   
RisingSun

Hello, wondering if possible for me to dig up this plant, believe it is black berry thorn bush. What I want to do is get it to bloom that produce nectars for my projects.

I was thinking, not sure if this will work, is to dig up this plants in Feb or March and place it in the something that will grow. Not sure what lightning to use, I have a UVB bulb here for my critter and only work up to 6 inches. Btw that bulbs are expensive and this one is tropical environment.

Also want to grab extra plants like the one I mention and place them in a cooler, so that way I can rotate them around. These plants only bloom in May til end of May, so wasn't sure if this tricks will work or not. Just too complex for me collecting nectars off these plants, anyway the nectars will starts to spoil and wont be any good for period of time.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Any Biology and Plant Spec here? - 7/18/2017 6:16:29 PM   
E

I've found that with Blackberry Bushes (AKA: "Stickers"), the problem is not getting them to grow. The problem is getting them to stop growing! Like English Ivy, they are an incredibly resilient WEED that, if ignored, will take over the WORLD! (and probably the rest of the solar system if unchecked!).

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

How exactly, are you "like" OMG? You weren't thinking it? You weren't exclaiming it? You were actually LIKE it?
How does that work?

(in reply to RisingSun)
Post #: 2
RE: Any Biology and Plant Spec here? - 7/18/2017 6:39:09 PM   
RisingSun

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

I've found that with Blackberry Bushes (AKA: "Stickers"), the problem is not getting them to grow. The problem is getting them to stop growing! Like English Ivy, they are an incredibly resilient WEED that, if ignored, will take over the WORLD! (and probably the rest of the solar system if unchecked!).

Heh, well just found out those things I am after called Sawtooth Berry or Blackberry plant (Rubus argutus). yeah they do grow weird and out of control. Only problems is that I am trying to see if I can dig some up in the winter and place them in a cooler with some ice in it, but not in the water. Take one out and see if it will start to grow and bloom, then another few weeks later, etc. Wasn't sure if that is possible. Only bloom for like two weeks.

Only doing this for my pet project, seeing if this can be done in captivity. Others say cannot be done, but anything is possible if setup properly.

Still trying to dig up something on the internet, see and where I can get some details. Gotta be something out there for me to look into and ask questions.

< Message edited by RisingSun -- 7/18/2017 7:20:37 PM >

(in reply to E)
Post #: 3
RE: Any Biology and Plant Spec here? - 7/18/2017 7:45:40 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

I have but one word to say to you. One word only.

"boysenberry"

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to E)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any Biology and Plant Spec here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI