Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multitude of Romanian Airbases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Multitude of Romanian Airbases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multitude of Romanian Airbases - 7/4/2017 2:56:12 PM   
wga

There seems to be a great excess of Romanian airbases. Do players disband a number of them or leave them be?

Bill Thomson
bill@wargameacademy.org
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Post #: 1
RE: Multitude of Romanian Airbases - 7/4/2017 3:05:18 PM   
Telemecus

I find them incredibly useful - but my guess is most others finding them surplus to requirements

(in reply to wga)
Post #: 2
RE: Multitude of Romanian Airbases - 7/4/2017 6:46:28 PM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I find them incredibly useful - but my guess is most others finding them surplus to requirements

What do you use them for?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Multitude of Romanian Airbases - 7/4/2017 7:11:32 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: No idea
quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

What do you use them for?

This is not advice for wga as I am an outlier and I think the consensus is disband them. But my use is i) you will usually have a base that is empty and you can move them forward and then air transfer airgroups forward to them emptying other bases i.e. moving the Rumanian airforce by airtransfer not ground transport which means you only use 1 or 2 % of their miles/fatigue/wear&tear - very difficult if you have a higher airgroups to airbase ratio or in Luftwaffe where the planes need bases with a lot of fuel/ammo ii) as staging bases iii) occasionally to stop or reduce the auto rail repair down useless routes by taking up stacking slots and iv) on rail lines to reduce partisan activity - I know they modified the code to allow partisan attacks on rail routes with airbases but I assume having fighter groups along the route might still disrupt partisan resupply missions a little where it helps the most. iii or iv may be dubious or tentative, but i and ii are observeable power multipliers for the airforce.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/4/2017 7:12:25 PM >

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Multitude of Romanian Airbases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI