Thoughts

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

wodin

Thoughts

Post by wodin »

Though I may leave the game for abit I always come back to it as it's shear genius.

However after a lot of plays it's struck me that when playing the Russain AI it seems to start puylling back far to early..there seems to be no modlelling of thee confusion that set in at the start of the campaign. This means it's hard to trap and kill the amount of units destroyed in real life. One idea was that at the start of the campaign when a Russain unti reetreeats well run away really theey should actually start to degrade with the possibility of disappearing altogether..say as the campaign goes on thee degradation amount lessens? Currently they are using the tactics they used during Blue when they kept at arms length until ready to make a stand.

Also maybe there should be a die roll a unit needs to beat to be able to retreat. If they fail they are to surprised and shocked to move.

The main issue though I feel is the units not actually right in the front line that you can see all suddenly pulling back..where most likely they'd have had no idea what wa shappening upfront and possibly paralysed with in decision..the commanders to scared to move without orders and no orders due to utter confusion higher up. It's the only thing that to me seems to not follow how things actually happened..well from what I've read anyway.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”