[Spoilers] Scenario 12: Hail Mary

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
DismalPseudoscience

[Spoilers] Scenario 12: Hail Mary

Post by DismalPseudoscience »

Loving this scenario so far - only a few hours in and the Chinese are already counterattacking very vigorously.

But I have a question about scoring - at 100pts per ground facility and 50pts per aircraft, how is one supposed to score the 100,000 pts necessary to win?

Is it designed to be a play-until-you-die sandbox, or is there another way to accumulate points I haven't encountered yet?
Eggstor

RE: [Spoilers] Scenario 12: Hail Mary

Post by Eggstor »

There is a reason why it's a 5-day theater-wide scenario - there are a lot of targets. Don't bother with things you can't destroy, like single-unit airfields and runways. Do seek out what remains of the PLAN - ships and subs are also worth 100 points (at least 150 if there is an aircraft aboard when you sink a ship or if the aircraft that was aboard has to ditch).

Do be careful - there is a very significant penalty for losing units.
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

I am now about 48 hours, and am at about 75K points and things are getting more complicated as my CV's are running out of AAM missiles and the easy targets are mostly picked of already.

Tip: B52 missile strikes from Russian into China ;)

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
AceOfSpadeszzzzzz

Post by AceOfSpadeszzzzzz »

How did you manage to get 75k points...There are so many targets that can not be destroyed
morphin

Post by morphin »

Hi
For what and how do you use the C-17A on the australia USAF AU Airfield? It seems that cargo missions is not possible?

Andy
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: morphin

Hi
For what and how do you use the C-17A on the australia USAF AU Airfield? It seems that cargo missions is not possible?

Andy

Originally I was going to add some Lua to load the mags when they landed at each base kind of emulating the distributed basing stuff etc. but decided against it as casual players would hate it. So they're a remnant of what I wanted to do but bailed on[:)]

If you want to use them assume they carry the logistic components to make the lily padding possible.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok updated and sent to the devs.

Set up a no fly zone in the north to prevent overflights of Mother Russia
Added a ton of damaged Point opportunities including runways, taxiways etc.
Enabled some WRA's to deter guys from riding the SAM line.

Thanks!

Mike
blkholsun

Post by blkholsun »

So, can we confirm that it is possible to complete this and achieve 100K points prior to the patch? (Which I assume hasn't been implemented yet, as I just got to this scenario and I don't see a no-fly zone over Russia.) Just trying to decide if I should attempt this or wait for the update... although the modified WRAs will make it a mixed bag for me!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Sure[:)]
MajorSylvester

Post by MajorSylvester »

How the points are scored is a mystery in this scenario: I destroyed all 4 Target runways in OKINAWA and got absolutely no points for the hard work. Any clue about what to destroy? Do we get points only for planes and ships? A pity how to score points isn't explained in the briefing. We can't go to war without clear objectives can we?
Major Sylvester

-----------
Sapere Aude
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Go for hangers and things like that. Runways are indestructible in the game. Will add more descriptive orders so nobody has to pity anything.[:)]

Mike
MajorSylvester

Post by MajorSylvester »

Thanks for replying Mike, the objectives are clear now.

But wait, wait, wait: to achieve victory we have to destroy 1000 cheap hangar (I don't count the occasional J10/J11/J20 goodie inside), it will cost about 3000 JAASM at m$ 1,75 a piece that's 3,25 billion $ about one third of US Gross National Product. The cost of a hangard is about k$ 100 at most... No doubt the US will unconditionnally surrender offering Alaska to calm down the Chinese after million of angry US tax payers gone wild have besieged the white house and linched the inoccupants. I imagine the chinese president Xi Jinping interviewed on CNN paraphrasing George Washington after the Bunker Hill battle saying "I wish I had another 1000 hangards to sell them at that price". Historian in the future will call this conflict "the Brick and Mortar War". A late but great tribute to M. Maginot...
Major Sylvester

-----------
Sapere Aude
MajorSylvester

Post by MajorSylvester »

Oops, I made a type in my previous message: the cost is $3.25 Trillion not Billion.
Major Sylvester

-----------
Sapere Aude
MajorSylvester

Post by MajorSylvester »

Oops again, stupid me! I have no excuse for such obvious errors. The cost is $5.25 Billion. Still acceptable for the tax payer but very expensive compared to the cost of 1000 hangards. The Chinese just need to build 1 million hangards to make my message relevant. Excellent for fighting unemployment of unskilled workers.
Major Sylvester

-----------
Sapere Aude
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Jeez keep this up and I might have a bad morning[:)]

Thanks for your input. Will definitely look to fix whatever it is that bugs you[:)]

Mike
MajorSylvester

Post by MajorSylvester »

Hi Mike, Thanks for all your replies. This game is definitely one of the best wargame I ever played: I learn so much with it.

I have a question. After moving a lot a mud in Okinawa destroying scores of hangards I've decided to go fishing and attack the Sovremeny copicats protecting the Okinawa base. Yes I know I should have started with the boat first but I had to learn. Well sorry for this digression.

Here is my question: after destroying all the Okinawa radars and most ships I attack the very last ship (the Fuzhou) in the north. I organize a very low level attack (100feet above water) expecting to be protected by the hills of Okinawa since their evevation is 800/1000 feet. Bad new: the Fuzhou detect my see level attack through the hills and destroy my aproaching aircraft still at 100m with wet feet. Any explanation for what happened?

Sylvester.
Major Sylvester

-----------
Sapere Aude
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: MajorSylvester
Here is my question: after destroying all the Okinawa radars and most ships I attack the very last ship (the Fuzhou) in the north. I organize a very low level attack (100feet above water) expecting to be protected by the hills of Okinawa since their evevation is 800/1000 feet. Bad new: the Fuzhou detect my see level attack through the hills and destroy my aproaching aircraft still at 100m with wet feet. Any explanation for what happened?

Hi, can you please post a save from just prior to this engagement?

We recently had a rare LOS-related bug that caused a similar issue elsewhere (it has been fixed and the fix is included on the next update, coming very soon). I'd like to check if it's a duplicate of this or something else going on.

Thanks!
gpotter511

Post by gpotter511 »

Do Open Spaces, Tarmac Spaces, and Ammo Pads/Shelters count for value as well? They seem to be either refusing to die or not offering point values, though in fairness, given their weakened state from initial strikes I have been trying to knock them out with JDAMs.
blkholsun

Post by blkholsun »

I may have to give this a try again. I got a little burnt out and my first attempt petered out after we entered a prolonged detente where neither side seemed to have anything left and I certainly hadn't been prudent enough with my stores. I'd suffered very few losses and it sure FELT like a victory, but I wasn't going to reach 100,000. Has the official scenario been updated to provide the additional point opportunities for runways, etc.?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Fix is in and update should be coming soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Command: Chains of War”