Blizzard Effects

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

BK6583

Blizzard Effects

Post by BK6583 »

1943 and beyond - can't find it in the manual. What are the combat value effects? Seems like all the combat units on the map have their 'normal' combat values.
Stelteck

RE: Blizzard Effects

Post by Stelteck »

Combat value reduction is only for the "first winter" special rules.

1942 and 1943 and 1944 are normal blizzard with no combat value reduction and same effect for all soviet and german troops.
Brakes are for cowards !!
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

not in the rules book but German army need more cv to get 2:1 odds. In the opposite i believe russian army develop better in All winters
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

not in the rules book but German army need more cv to get 2:1 odds. In the opposite i believe russian army develop better in All winters

Any attack, and not just german ones, during blizzard will have penalties compared to clear weather, but that part about russians being better during blizzard is something I wasnt aware, unless they are full of ski units. Are you sure?
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

If u see scenarios there are some like winter 42 and others for 43 where the russians tend to launch their offensives like they did with stalingrad and All scenarios with German off are with clear weather. That and practice makes me think that Not 100 per cent sure

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”