A new Public Beta is now available for testing!
If you have registered your copy of War in the West and/or War in the West: Operation Torch, you can download the latest beta update from the Members Area!
v1.01.62 Change Log
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Metrics charts – Added graph of armaments points and manpower in pool (total armaments for each side, all nationalities combined) to the Metrics Charts available.
2. Commander's report changes:
a) Changed unit filter layout
b) Added morale, fatigue, toe, experience range, filters in unit screen
c) Added new arrived unit CR filer to toggle just arrived units. (values - ALL, Arrived, Not Arrived)
3. Change to production system - When producing generic ground elements if none of an element are needed in units then it won’t produce more than 100 elements in the active and transit pools.
4. Units on a national supply source and on refit should automatically upgrade TOE. Increased probability of TOE change each turn for other units in refit (from 20% to 50%).
5. Limited the amount of freight that can be destroyed each turn at a depot from bombing to 60,000 tons.
6. Greatly increased the chance that pilots in air groups overrun on the ground get safely away.
7. Improved map mouse function routine.
8. Improved map zoom/unzoom functions (performance).
9. Adjusted map drawing code on the weather detail screen.
10. Added digit separators to the losses screen numbers.
11. Improved map mouse function routine.
12. Improved map drawing function routine (potential memory leak).
13. Improved map zoom/unzoom functions (performance).
14. Improved performance dash line drawing routine.
15. Adjusted image drawing function.
16. Added a message when trying to load non-WITW save/scenario. Disables load button in these cases.
17. Editor - Allow to set pilot fatigue to 0 from CR in editor.
1. Fixed air group selection bug in air directive screen.
2. Fixed unit ground replacement routine in EFB (may go above 100% of TOE).
3. Improved map drawing function routine (potential memory leak).
4. If Show Types is enabled in the production screen there's a stray text character that appears just below "pool" column heading on top left. Fixed.
5. Element 738 (DD tank T-1938) has no production or imports, but grows in the pool to 10000 by Nov 1941 even though there are only 500 remaining on turn 5. Fixed.
6. Fixed HHQ link on the right unit bar.
7. Numbers do not fit to the production screen. Fixed.
8. Air directive data is not displayed correctly on the air group CR tab. Fixed.
9. AA in cities should not count in the transport cost of the HQ that the AA reports to (currently they do). Fixed.
10. Scenario/save startup script should clean all illegal AD's (ex. attached non Air HQ).
11. Delayed units may not be displayed on CR Unit tab in Editor. Fixed.
12. Fixed memory leak when loading data from various config/data files.
13. Fixes in randoms save code.
14. Units were using more fuel than they should of due to some double counting of generic vehicles in the unit. Fixed.
15. Fixed air group selection bug in air directive screen.
16. Fixed unit ground replacement routine in EFB (may go above 100% of TOE).
17. Fixed air group national reserve window exit from screen bug.
18. If Show Types is enabled in the production screen there's a stray text character that appears just below "pool" column heading on top left. Fixed.
19. Fixed bug in drawing routine.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. The 5 beta campaigns released with the 1.01.56 Public Beta have now replaced the official scenarios.
2. Rommel Attacks 43, Battle for Tunisia 43, Torch to Tunisia 42-43:
a. Changed soviet Churchill IVs to CW Churchill IVs in 25th BR tank Brigade
b. Changed GER/ROM/HUN/ITA elements to FRA elements in certain Free French units
3. 1945 Campaign:
a. Added more starting Factory Damage to Axis Factories.
b. Dropped German Night Fighter Experience and Morale from 70+ to 65.
c. Reduced the German Manpower Pool from 15,000 to 5,000.
d. Altered some none Bulge Panzer Divisions to have more damaged AFVs.
4. 3 new leader and 4 new weapons photos. 1 revised leader and 1 revised weapon photo.
5. Changes to device file:
a. 0561 NEW: French 75mm CA Mle 1932 AA Gun
b. 0006 7.5mm MAC-M39 MG: renamed 7.5mm MAC 34/39 MG
c. 0107 AI Mk.VI radar: renamed Mk.IV (Mk.VI was a special version of Mk.IV to fit into small-size aircraft like Defiant)
d. 0225 13.2mm M31 AAMG: renamed 13.2mm Mle 1929 AAMG
e. 0255 7.5mm FM Mle 31 CMG: renamed 7.5mm MAC 31 CMG
f. 0281 7.5mm FM Mle 31 TMG: renamed 7.5mm MAC 31 TMG
g. 0290 7.5mm FM Mle 31 BMG: renamed 7.5mm MAC 31 BMG
h. 0390 105mm StuH42 L/28 gun: Anti-Soft raised by 2 points to 121 (sync with 105mm leFH18; initially used the same ammo, later just retained the same warhead)
i. 0611 13.2mm M31 TMG: renamed 13.2mm Mle 1929 TMG
6. Changes to OB File:
a. 0221 Nebelwerfer -> Werfer
b. 0239 Nebelwerfer -> Werfer
c. 1658 25th BR Tank Brigade: change SOV Churchill IV to CW Churchill IV
d. 1679,1680,1682,1683: replace ROM/HUN/GER elements with proper French elements
7. Changes to Ground Elements:
a. 3026 NEW: French 13.2mm AAMG
b. 3027 NEW: French 25mm Anti-aircraft Gun
c. 3028 NEW: French 47mm Flak Anti-tank Gun
d. 3029 NEW: French 75mm Anti-aircraft Gun
e. Symbol change/fix: 112,127,146,164,194,222,239,
f. 0339 128mm Twin AAA - remove build limit
You can also download the patch direct from here.