Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Support Units to Corps units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Support Units to Corps units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support Units to Corps units? - 6/29/2017 10:53:58 PM   
dereck

I've never really got this far in a WITE game before. I am now able to create Cavalry Corps.

When I look to see about creating support units I think it only shows support units in the Army HQ the corps belongs to. Am I right in thinking that support units aren't directly created at the corps level but can only draw from support units in the HQ the corps is assigned to?

Thanks

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Post #: 1
RE: Support Units to Corps units? - 6/30/2017 8:56:29 AM   
MarauderPL

I think it shows all support units available up the command chain, as far as STAVKA. For some reason it also prioritizes the choice of support units higher in command (example: if you have a sapper regiment in army command and also in STAVKA, when you assign a SU sapper unit to a cav corps, the game will choose the one from STAVKA, not the one from the army) - or is it random? It happened to me on several occasions, but Im unsure if on 100% occasions
Also bear in mind that you cant assign several types of units to a corps, mainly artillery (even the ones named Corps Artillery Regiment!)

And finally, yes, you cant create SU from the corps screen, you have to create them in a HQ screen.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 2
RE: Support Units to Corps units? - 6/30/2017 1:34:11 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarauderPL
For some reason it also prioritizes the choice of support units higher in command (example: if you have a sapper regiment in army command and also in STAVKA, when you assign a SU sapper unit to a cav corps, the game will choose the one from STAVKA, not the one from the army) - or is it random? It happened to me on several occasions, but Im unsure if on 100% occasions

This was actually a change documented in the patch notes so yes it prioritises the highest level now but may not have done on older versions. I m not sure what the logic was behind the choice.

It is also possible to remove this possibility by reassigning the SUs from the higher HQ first. For instance if you want to assign down an SU of a particular OB class from AGN HQ, you can first reassign all SUs of that OB class from OKH to AGC HQ say. If you have SUs unlocked with OKH on 9 and everything below on zero they will be back in OKH next turn (if not a pioneer or construction).

Bear in mind this is if you assign an SU by "pulling" it to the destination HQ. If you "push" it from the origin HQ or within the SU itself you can individually choose which SUs are reassigned where regardless of where others are - but it needs to be close enough in range.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dereck
Am I right in thinking that support units aren't directly created at the corps level but can only draw from support units in the HQ the corps is assigned to?

By draw support I take it you still mean "create" rather than draw support as in a battle.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 6/30/2017 1:43:37 PM >

(in reply to MarauderPL)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Support Units to Corps units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI