Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Store vs Products & Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Store vs Products & Upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Store vs Products & Upgrades - 6/28/2017 4:58:31 PM   
Yogi the Great

So wanted to use my anniversary coupon and buy Decisive campaigns Barbarossa, I got it and all is fine but thought worth mentioning.

1) Went to the Store link and game was not there. Went to the products link and it was there. This is not the first time I have found that a game is not in both places every time. I assume it just may have been missed by someone because I see no reason it would not be in the store. I think most people would expect it in the store section and might think it unavailable if it isn't there.

2) As usual after buying a game you have to check for updates if you want the latest version. Once again the check for updates button on the menu was used, once again it found an update and once again it was unable to download it due to FTP error. This has happened now on several games (most recently Strategic Command 3). The download link on the product page showed two downloads with the latest being 103R. But I knew from the forum that 1.04 was the latest version and was able to find it using the link in that forum posting.

I love Matrix and this has not been posted to complain but rather to help and reduce confusion especially for those who may be newer customers/buyers to the company thereby helping the company.

Check for update buttons that can't actually download the update could confuse and prevent getting the latest version.

Games not listed in the "store" could lose a sale

Not being able to easily find the latest update might mean people missing corrections and improvements that make a game better.

Just trying to help, I own many Matrix games they are the number one gaming resource in my book.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Post #: 1
RE: Store vs Products & Upgrades - 6/28/2017 6:02:24 PM   
zakblood

most site issues are this borked and old forum tbh, sorry for your troubles, seems we need a new board sooner rather than later

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 2
RE: Store vs Products & Upgrades - 6/28/2017 6:58:59 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

1) Went to the Store link and game was not there. Went to the products link and it was there. This is not the first time I have found that a game is not in both places every time. I assume it just may have been missed by someone because I see no reason it would not be in the store. I think most people would expect it in the store section and might think it unavailable if it isn't there.

I'll report this.

quote:

2) As usual after buying a game you have to check for updates if you want the latest version. Once again the check for updates button on the menu was used, once again it found an update and once again it was unable to download it due to FTP error. This has happened now on several games (most recently Strategic Command

The issue is usually related with the interference from a firewall or an anti-virus. Check you Internet security programs as they might be the cause of your difficulties with the downloading of the updates.

The issue can be also related with your ISP. Some ISPs like to do traffic shaping and limit the access via ftp protocols.

quote:

3). The download link on the product page showed two downloads with the latest being 103R. But I knew from the forum that 1.04 was the latest version and was able to find it using the link in that forum posting.

I'll report this.

Thanks for reporting.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 6/28/2017 7:00:03 PM >

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Store vs Products & Upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI