TOP SECRET: AllenK and warspite1 ONLY!!!!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

TOP SECRET: AllenK and warspite1 ONLY!!!!

Post by warspite1 »

It looks like the 4-player Games 1 and 2 will shortly be underway again (MadEX and bugs permitting).

As Games 3 and 4 never got off the ground we are putting them on hold for the moment and mixing up teams for the new Games 3 and 4.

Exact rules (likely to be similar to before) and who is who, within each team, are yet to be agreed but the line up will be:

United Kingdom vs The Nordic's

AllenK----------Mayhemizer
warspite1--vs--Orm

This thread will be for the use of Team UK (and anyone wishing to follow us). The Nordic's will have their own version.

Game 3 will feature us as the Axis
Game 4 will feature us as the Allies
Attachments
ukII.jpg
ukII.jpg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
AllenK

RE: TOP SECRET: AllenK and warspite1 ONLY!!!!

Post by AllenK »

Well, my dear old thing, before they ring the bell for play and the umpires appear on the pitch, over which squadron of pigeons are doing their best imitation of the Red Arrows, I do believe a certain tradition must be honoured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKRHWT6xdEU
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: AllenK

Well, my dear old thing, before they ring the bell for play and the umpires appear on the pitch, over which squadron of pigeons are doing their best imitation of the Red Arrows, I do believe a certain tradition must be honoured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKRHWT6xdEU
warspite1

Absolutely old boy. Good work, what? Fancy a nice cuppa?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

That would be splendid.

Perhaps it's time to let our listeners gain a modicum of insight into our plans.

For the Axis game, Warspite1 will take on Italy and Japan, while I play Germany.

For the Allied game, Warspite1 will play USSR, France and Communist China whilst I shall endeavour to manage CW (and all those convoys!), USA and the Nationalist.

Attachments
stockvect..87000096.jpg
stockvect..87000096.jpg (26.09 KiB) Viewed 519 times
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

That would be splendid.

Perhaps it's time to let our listeners gain a modicum of insight into our plans.

For the Axis game, Warspite1 will take on Italy and Japan, while I play Germany.

For the Allied game, Warspite1 will play USSR, France and Communist China whilst I shall endeavour to manage CW (and all those convoys!), USA and the Nationalist.

warspite1

You mean we're going to have a plan? Ooh I say, how exciting. I vote we take on the evil Bosch and make them sorry they ever made war on us, catch them with their trousers down and give them six of the best, what?... Them and their fascist bully boy friends too.

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

I used "plan" in its loosest possible sense with a healthy dose of artistic licence thrown in.

What do we do when we're the Boche and associated Bully Boys? A spot of self-flagellation?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I used "plan" in its loosest possible sense with a healthy dose of artistic licence thrown in.

What do we do when we're the Boche and associated Bully Boys? A spot of self-flagellation?
warspite1

Oh... I hadn't really thought about that [:(]. Perhaps we could agree not to invade Poland and return Bohemia and Moravia to Slovakia and in return for which we get some preferential economic rights, a few colonies and the Versailles Treaty formally torn up? All settled over a nice cup of tea and a slice of Mrs Miggins Victoria Sponge?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Oh... I hadn't really thought about that [:(]. Perhaps we could agree not to invade Poland and return Bohemia and Moravia to Slovakia and in return for which we get some preferential economic rights, a few colonies and the Versailles Treaty formally torn up? All settled over a nice cup of tea and a slice of Mrs Miggins Victoria Sponge?

It'd be a bit of a short game.

Our empire should last 1000 years (or at least that's probably what it will seem like to the long-suffering listeners).

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

It'd be a bit of a short game.

Our empire should last 1000 years (or at least that's probably what it will seem like to the long-suffering listeners).
warspite1

Well yes, but it would be a spiffing wheeze as it would totally wrong-foot our opponents.

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Well old bean, do you want to open diplomatic niceties?

Or how about, you do that and then, for a jolly little jape, I invade anyway? It'll have them rolling in the aisles.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Well my dear old thing, I'm going to get Game 4 started and was wondering whether dear Uncle Joe wanted to lend-lease any of his bombers to the Chinese.

On the subject of Uncle Joe, is he contemplating any unpleasantness in either the European or Pacific theatres that might influence where the US prioritises its diplomatic formalities (US Entry Chits)?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I'll let you have my allied set up tomorrow evening. I was thinking of trying for peace in the Far East (definite) and an attack on Iran first off - but I'm not wedded to that if you had any preference otherwise?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Game 3

I guess Italy and Japan may have some naval moves to do, so I'll leave it you to start the impulse.

Germany is going land. I'm not sure but I think I may be able to get reasonable odds attacks on both Warsaw and Lodz this impulse.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Why has Orm left Turin open in Game 4?????

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

And why leave a 1 point AA in the most vulnerable Maginot hex???

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Game 3

I guess Italy and Japan may have some naval moves to do, so I'll leave it you to start the impulse.

Germany is going land. I'm not sure but I think I may be able to get reasonable odds attacks on both Warsaw and Lodz this impulse.
warspite1

Okay I will start this in about an hour I think. The plan will be to stay neutral for the Italians and to try and be aggressive with the Japanese - I may do a Land actually with them.

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Turin and that Maginot line hex will likely get some of the reserves when they are called out.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Apologies, just clicked into Orm and yours TOP SECRET thread. From the brief glimpses I got of a couple of posts you can safely be reassured I didn't glean anything from it.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Game 3

warspite1

Okay I will start this in about an hour I think. The plan will be to stay neutral for the Italians and to try and be aggressive with the Japanese - I may do a Land actually with them.

Hit the Chinese hard from the off. I like it.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I've started the war - how do you want to play this in terms of who does what? Orm and I normally cut the impulse in two and we post our moves from the part we are not orchestrating to the other.

Is that how you do it or more granular? I've just realised I don't know what you want to do re Port Attacks, Naval Air etc etc!!

Return to “After Action Report”