Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How many people are looking for German players?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> How many people are looking for German players? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How many people are looking for German players? - 6/23/2017 6:11:21 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

How many out there are looking for German players for games?

Post #: 1
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/24/2017 8:42:05 AM   
Stelteck

The problem may be you are really really good HardLuck. You need legendary opponent. Like mister P or others i do not know.

But they are rare

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 6/24/2017 9:08:03 AM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 2
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/24/2017 10:48:22 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

The problem may be you are really really good HardLuck. You need legendary opponent. Like mister P or others i do not know.

But they are rare

I'm not that good, I'm just "way" overrated. Plus aren't the Soviets supposed to "win" ;-P

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 3
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/24/2017 5:02:58 PM   
chaos45

Until the Soviet support units issue of Engineers/Sappers not assisting in Digging in, the Soviets will have a very, very hard time in 1941.

Post #: 4
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/24/2017 5:55:06 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

Until the Soviet support units issue of Engineers/Sappers not assisting in Digging in, the Soviets will have a very, very hard time in 1941.

Noted. I have always had better luck getting a game as the German than the Soviets, so wanted to test the German waters since no one took my post for a German player which I was willing to play the Soviets even "with" the sapper's not assisting digging. Along with giving the Germans all the benefits of a "pro" German game setup in that post. Essentially making the game very interesting on the Soviet side, I like challenges :) Either way I havent heard much of anything on either post. So I guess it is time to get a new "account" & "username" ;-}

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 5
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 11:52:00 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

The bug was there since 1.08.05 according to morvael so most of the recent balancing was done with the bug, I think the current versions are well balanced and you can always adjust settings slightly.

Being "picky" with the opponents makes finding some more difficult. Nothing bad about this as you invest much time in a game and doesn't want to see it wasted in the end.

Post #: 6
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 1:21:37 PM   
chaos45

I dont know about since .05 being "well balanced" as an accurate statement. Against good German players Soviets had a very hard time in 1941 even with the engineers/sappers assisting as per how they should work in the game.

Since this has somehow been removed from the game we have seen game after game where it seems the good German players are doing overall far better and basically auto winning the games in 1941/42.

As this bug/error not only weakens the Soviets in 1941 but also 1942 as they have access to very few corps units in 42 until late in the year to attach the sappers to, to assist with entrenchment.

This is actually a pretty major bug----and you can see the results in all the games post .05

unfortunately it takes a very long time to see how balanced something is, but I think early game results from the more experienced players are showing that Soviet defenses are very easily penetrated/encircled/destroyed in the early game due to this bug. As effectively the Soviets wont be able to defend anywhere because the construction value of basic/low experience units will not allow them to dig in an entire front enough to delay a german advance in 1941 without the sapper/engineer support.

Even before this bug the soviet player had to choose where they wanted to be strong at and concentrate their sappers/artillery along with best leaders in that one front area....due to this bug that wont even work to make one area very difficult to take. Also the infinite supply issue skilled German players can abuse makes the panzer ball even more effective due to low soviet entrenchment ability....

Just observations.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 7
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 1:33:54 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

The bug was there since 1.08.05 according to morvael so most of the recent balancing was done with the bug, I think the current versions are well balanced and you can always adjust settings slightly.

Being "picky" with the opponents makes finding some more difficult. Nothing bad about this as you invest much time in a game and doesn't want to see it wasted in the end.

With a reply from only 1 person in the two posts it is hard to be "picky" ;-)

Post #: 8
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 2:51:36 PM   
glvaca

Build RR Brigades. They build like crazy and will repair your RR lines come winter.
Then, later, switch to sappers, etc...

Post #: 9
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 2:52:16 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

But they won't help digging as well when attached to a HQ.

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 10
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 2:53:20 PM   
glvaca

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

With a reply from only 1 person in the two posts it is hard to be "picky" ;-)

We're all afraid of you
Seriously, would love to have a second game but just can't due to RL. Perhaps if I manage to finish a turn in under 4h I'll take a second.

Post #: 11
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 2:59:37 PM   
glvaca

quote:

But they won't help digging as well when attached to a HQ.

Sure? They used too.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm.

Post #: 12
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 3:12:06 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Quite sure yes. According to morvael the bug is that no support units were sent from the HQ to help units digging, no matter which type of support unit is. I did the test with sappers only because it is somewhat hard to get construction units with high construction value due to experience and whatever reason.

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 13
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 4:27:01 PM   
STEF78

quote:

Noted. I have always had better luck getting a game as the German than the Soviets, so wanted to test the German waters since no one took my post for a German player which I was willing to play the Soviets even "with" the sapper's not assisting digging. Along with giving the Germans all the benefits of a "pro" German game setup in that post. Essentially making the game very interesting on the Soviet side, I like challenges :) Either way I havent heard much of anything on either post. So I guess it is time to get a new "account" & "username" ;-}

I will take the germans with the settings your propose but I cannot handle more than a game at the same time....

Post #: 14
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 4:52:19 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: STEF78

quote:

I will take the germans with the settings your propose but I cannot handle more than a game at the same time....

Understood Stef78 :) There are no worries at all. When you get some time in the future maybe we will cross paths again :)

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 15
RE: How many people are looking for German players? - 6/25/2017 8:01:27 PM   
glvaca

quote:

Quite sure yes. According to morvael the bug is that no support units were sent from the HQ to help units digging, no matter which type of support unit is. I did the test with sappers only because it is somewhat hard to get construction units with high construction value due to experience and whatever reason.

Roger, that sucks.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> How many people are looking for German players? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI