Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port Damage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Port Damage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port Damage - 6/20/2017 4:17:18 PM   
Beria

How does damage affect ports?

My guess from the manual is that if the port has more than 50% damage, or if it passes a die roll if damage is between 1% and 49%, in effect it is like there was no port there?

This means no units can be transported in or out by sea, and it cannot act as a supply source?

If as Axis I take a port which leaves a group of Soviet units isolated or in beachhead supply what happens if they recapture the port the following turn? Do the units remain isolated because the damage to the port is high, or can it be used as a supply source because they are retaking their own port?
Post #: 1
RE: Port Damage - 6/20/2017 4:33:24 PM   
thedude357

You have to knock the port to below level 1 from what I remember reading to stop its usage entirely. It depends on the port level. Other than that I don't think it has any effect?

Port level 1 = any dmg would shut it down.
Port Level 2 = 51% dmg would shut it down.
Port Level 3 = 67% dmg would shut it down.
Port Level 4 = 76% dmg would shut it down.
Port Level 5 = 81% dmg would shut it down.

Dont even bother with Sevastopol.

It takes many...many turns normally of level bombing. I was able to isolate northern Leningrad area by bombing ports on Lake Lagoda one time, mainly by bombing the one slightly northeast of Leningrad.

Someone Correct me if I am wrong.

< Message edited by thedude357 -- 6/20/2017 4:39:22 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 2
RE: Port Damage - 6/20/2017 5:03:08 PM   
Beria

Ah thank you so much thedude357!

I was looking at Odessa which from looking at the details I guess is Port Level 15 - is that correct? Or if not where do I find the level of the port? What do you mean by knocking down the port level - is that different from increasing damage?

In my case it is a question of capturing and recapturing a port. The damage is 99% after I captured it from the Soviets - will it remain at close to 99% for the Soviets if they recapture it. And at that level will it be unavailable as a supply source? I guess from what you are saying yes Odessa will be a Soviet supply head for previously isolated units as it cannot be shut down by damage?

(in reply to thedude357)
Post #: 3
RE: Port Damage - 6/20/2017 6:29:34 PM   
thedude357

It can shut down by damage, but I think I was misreading your post as to bombing. Sevastopol is port level 15 I think, it just requires high dmg to be inoperable. I think above 96%. If Soviets re-capture a port, it will remain at 99% dmg, and then continue to repair at 3% a turn thereafter from what I recall.

< Message edited by thedude357 -- 6/20/2017 6:30:06 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 4
RE: Port Damage - 6/20/2017 6:46:25 PM   
gmtello

Sevastopol needs 96 per cent damage to close

(in reply to thedude357)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Port Damage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI