Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reserves and Arty Support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Reserves and Arty Support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reserves and Arty Support - 6/19/2017 9:03:12 PM   
BK6583

I think I know the answer but want to make sure given that I have to prioritize scarce German arty spt units. A German cbt unit is attacked and its parent corps HQ is within five hexes and has six arty spt units assigned. If a German cbt unit with a different parent corps HQ is committed as a reserve to the cbt unit being attacked, can the parent corps HQ of the committed reserve cbt unit provide art spt in excess of the six that the original HQ is already providing (assumes that that HQ is also withing five hexes of the attacked hex)?
Post #: 1
RE: Reserves and Arty Support - 6/20/2017 2:18:15 PM   
Telemecus

I have seen many examples of more than 6 SUs being committed when units from two different direct HQs are in the same battle. I cannot remember if any of them were a reserve activation rather than just being selected from the start for the battle - but my understanding is this should make no difference. I also cannot remember if it was ever 6 from 1 and more from another. Usually it tends to be 5 from one HQ and 4 from the other or similar numbers. My understanding is how many get committed from one is independent of how many get committed from the other.

Taking a guess at the purpose of the question I think the lesson is having multiple HQs for different units in a battle will leave some with a battle penalty, but this is compensated for partly by the fact that many more SUs can join in.

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Reserves and Arty Support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI