Amazon Prime Controversy

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Amazon Prime Controversy

Post by demyansk »

This entire subject really is causing a bunch of cancellations. I just feel it's a lousy business decision for loyal paying customers.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -recipien/
Lobster

RE: Amazon Prime Controversy

Post by Lobster »

Amazon Prime member for years. I don't see a problem. Helping the poor, elderly and disabled is never a bad idea. How can you think it is?
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I'm also totally missing the issue??
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Sorry, what is the issue here? Isn't it just a discount for low income members of society?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Now that you mention it, I received yesterday a letter from Amazon by regular mail. It basically says that now that I've got the prime member thing I can blah blah blah and blah blah blah. Only irrelevant small detail is I never chose that option (I can wait, not interested in this prime thing). Greedy dishonest trolls. All they want is separate the client from his wallet. Like vulgar thieves.

They seem to assume their clientele hasn't changed since the days of gaudy caravans, organ grinders and chimps. There's money to be made if you really want some more.

Trolls.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I was going to post something, but I'm afraid it will be very hard to make any points without the post or the thread eventually becoming too political for the forum.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Now that you mention it, I received yesterday a letter from Amazon by regular mail. It basically says that now that I've got the prime member thing I can blah blah blah and blah blah blah. Only irrelevant small detail is I never chose that option (I can wait, not interested in this prime thing). Greedy dishonest trolls. All they want is separate the client from his wallet. Like vulgar thieves.

They seem to assume their clientele hasn't changed since the days of gaudy caravans, organ grinders and chimps. There's money to be made if you really want some more.

Trolls.

I pay once a year. First few years it was $99. It's about $107 now. I get movies, tv shows, documentary films, free two day shipping, even if it's on a Saturday or Sunday. Do you know how much most businesses charge for Saturday or Sunday delivery? No minimum order amount. Lots of other benefits. I have ordered a lot from them. I get more usage out of them than my money would buy anyplace else. I did save money by disconnecting my cable TV when I got Prime membership. But everyone has to decide if it's worth the money to them. Oh, and I have NEVER gotten any advertising from them through snail mail.

As far as the vulgar thieves sentence. You have just described every merchant of every sort on every part of the planet. [:D]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Lobster
I pay once a year. First few years it was $99. It's about $107 now.

I buy a lot from Amazon. But this is 90% due to my post-stroke (recovering) and a 10% things that you would NOT get without them: ie very tasty high quality pickles from Germany [:D] As I said, there's no hurry, I can wait. I disagree with this new trend (artificially created by this cyber world): "I want something and I wanted it yesterday!". Just like I think you have to be mad to pay 800 or 1.000 € for a bloody telephone.

It's all I will say as I will be following Yogi's advice
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please don't post political comments.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

I don't see the "Controversy" as I have no problem with it.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Prime sure has been good for me!
JWW

Post by JWW »

I have Prime. I save money with it. I have no problems with their discount.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

As much as my family uses our Prime benefits, it's really a bargain. We order stuff for the family business all the time, and free two day shipping is insane compared to most places that will charge $15-30 at least. We had a large printer die, and a new one cost over a grand plus hefty shipping fee from the official company. Found a refurbished one on Amazon for $200, had it up and running within 48 hours, free shipping. You can't beat that.

Not to mention all the movies, shows, music, and other stuff you get included.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

We've had Amazon Prime for years. It's a useful service for our family and well worth the $100 or so that we pay annually.

Those that don't wish to subscribe do not have to do so. Amazon is pretty transparent in their pricing, so-like everything else in this world-if you don't like it, you're welcome to take your money elsewhere. I'll forego my anti-anti-big diatribe in the interest of thread peace. [:)]

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Prime has changed the way my wife shops, and I never thought that would happen.

Just do the math. If it works for you get it, if not "no harm, no foul".

Chuck
JReb

Post by JReb »

With Prime you can save literally hundreds of dollars around Christmas time with the discounted merchandise. My daughter was feeling domestic last year and she wanted a super sewing machine with lots of functions for different projects. It was $410 - $420 at best buy and the other stores. Only $250 on Amazon and free shipping too. Saved $150 on just one gift. Overall, compared to store prices I saved close to a thousand dollars with Prime and Amazon last Christmas. That more than makes up for the $100 dollar annual fee and I didn't have to deal with crowded malls and crazy shoppers. That's probably worth it alone, tbh.

But no, I do not agree with separate pricing for same products depending on personal income level. If a person can't afford something then that is just how life is. I know this personally as do many of you.

With that logic, Jaguar should lower the price of their cars to better suit my income level. Wishful thinking that will ever happen though.
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

If I were to purchase a lot of stuff from Amazon, Prime would make sense. But at my age I already own nearly everything I will ever want or need. So for me Prime would be only marginally beneficial and not worth the $100+ annual membership fee.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

I don't see the "Controversy" as I have no problem with it.

I don't see one either.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I just don't think a certain group should get the cheaper price.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

I just don't think a certain group should get the cheaper price.

Why?
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.

Return to “General Discussion”