We have a new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the East, you can download the latest beta update from our Members Club.
v1.11.00 June 07, 2017
1. It will be now impossible to build more than 600 Soviet air groups. This is necessary to prevent the game from crashing when reaching the limit of 32000 active aircraft.
2. Improved scenario check utility, it will now report on-map units with no delay and no location. Previously units had to be frozen in order to be reported.
3. Heavy Armored Cars will now have AP ammo as default ammo type.
4. Added three new ground element types: Heavy SP Artillery (same as SP Artillery), CS Armored Car (same as Heavy Armored Car, but with HE ammo as default ammo type), and Very Heavy Flak (same as Heavy Flak, but with doubled support need, swap blockade, and requiring high match).
5. Improved some parts of AI code, resulting in up to 78% processing time reduction.
6. It will be now impossible to assign units to HQs that are overloaded by 100% or more.
7. Mount modifiers (to accuracy and rate of fire) will now be added to selected weapon details in ground element compare window.
8. Improved battle report details, it will now show correct number of men in DESTROYED group (it should be equal to LOST men - sum of men actually killed and captured in combat), and DAMAGED group (it should be equal to DAM men - men actually disabled in combat). DISRUPTED group remains unchanged (total number of men in disrupted elements).
9. Scenario check utility will set units to their default motorized status. Trying to manually set unit motorized status in the editor will reset it to its default motorized status. “Mot.” in unit name will now be recognized by the default motorized status routine and treated properly, just like “Motorized” was.
10. Air bases in 1941 will not work for the purposes of airhead supply, and will not remove air drop penalty.
11. Only German Luftwaffe and Soviet air bases will work for the purposes of airhead supply, and will remove air drop penalty.
12. It will be now impossible to detach Static LW Flak units from cities (like Flakturm units).
13. It will be now impossible to disband Flakturm and Static LW Flak units.
14. Air groups about to arrive to national reserve will not upgrade/swap aircraft (but they will still affect other groups by being included in surplus/lack calculations).
15. Included latest engine changes from newer games (improved performance, memory leaks removed).
16. Version number under which the game was started will be printed in the logistics phase log, next to version number under which the last logistics phase was ran. For older games there will be a single number printed, denoting similar kind of information.
17. Scenarios and games saved under this version will not load under older versions of the game.
1. Fixed a bug where certain inactive units could be included in the UNITS column on production screen.
2. Fixed a bug where the game crashed during logistics phase when doing aircraft cleanup if aircraft data was corrupted. There will be a chance now to reclaim slots properly and continue such games. This will not help if the game crashes during air mission resolution.
3. Fixed a bug where motorized engineers (Motor-Engr Squad) were missing engineer bonuses, and were not blocked from initial pool building.
4. Fixed a bug where clicking on the name of certain game preferences (“Soviet Combat Bonus”, “CV Mode”), rather than clicking on current value, resulted in advancing the selection by two choices instead of only one.
5. Fixed a bug where there was no message about AA units arriving as reinforcements, when those units appeared directly in cities.
6. Fixed a bug where upgrading to bigger TOE variant was not properly blocked for some older games, started before patch 1.08.05, resulting in units with no TOE.
7. Fixed a bug where detection level was not cleared for destroyed units, so they were visible on the next turn when rebuilding.
8. Fixed a bug where new partisan units could be formed from the remnants of other destroyed partisan units.
9. Fixed a bug where empty or depleted partisan units could be destroyed in the logistics phase when located next to enemy unit or when empty (sometimes immediately after creation).
Scenario & data changes
1. Thorough check/verification of ammunition usage for all elements. Some odd ammunition usage values corrected, grouping guns of similar caliber and barrel length for a more generic approach on ammo usage.
2. Cut down Sapper squads in Soviet 1941/42 units - they did not employ specialist/offensive Engineers similar to german Pioneer squads until late 1942/early 1943.
3. Review of Flak regiments.
4. All scenarios (where applicable):
a. HQ support level set to zero, formation role set to Security (only affects AI) for 101-103 RHG Command HQs.
b. Increased port in Ochakov (84,107) to 10, accounting for missing/impossible-to-add facilities in Nikolaev.
c. Soviet versions of M15 CGMC and M17 MGMC (both SP Flak) added to database, a factory added to Lend Lease Pacific (either M15 or later M17).
d. Addition of Berlin/Vienna Flaktowers (as normal AA units).
e. Addition of limited fighter air defense at frozen airfields near Berlin, Leipzig, and Prag, to offer some fighter protection (all withdraw at the end of 1944).
f. Addition of several low-experience static training divisions, representing training divisions, frozen with either disband or unlock late-war.
g. Review of vehicle factories:
g.i. Hungary: add 2x1 points to Budapest,
g.ii. Italy: add 4 points to Turin,
g.iii. Soviet Union: vehicle factories increased from 140 to 150, mainly by increasing Gorky to 2x30 and reducing/regrouping others.
5. 1941-45 Campaign and some 1941 scenarios:
a. Changed German 1st Cavalry Division to motorized with 50 MPs (was largely motorized, operated with motorized units).
b. Reactivated Soviet 27th Mech Corps, arrives with 104th, 105th Tank and 106th Motorized Infantry divisions near Voronezh on turn 4.
6. 1941-45 Campaign, Operation Barbarossa, Road to Dnepopetrovsk:
a. Added 1st Rum. Railroad Command - Romanian FBD-like repair unit with limited capabilities, disbands mid 9/41; 5x Rum. Rail construction units attached to it.
b. Delayed 7th Naval Infantry Brigade to mid 8/41, arrives near Sevastopol.
c. Delayed 8th Naval Infantry Brigade to mid 9/41, arrives near Novorossiysk.
d. Added 9th Naval Infantry Brigade, arrives in Kerch on turn 9.
7. Fixed incorrect setup of 203rd Panzer Regiment in 1942-45 Campaign, by placing it on map (E of 16th Army); added MPs and set to Reserve mode.
8. Three Soviet divisions in Operation Typhoon were starting on Axis-controlled hexes, changed them to Soviet control.