Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 - 6/6/2017 7:42:35 PM   
TANKM4A3

Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 - 6/6/2017 8:30:48 PM   
VPaulus

Do the following:
1. Double click on the game desktop icon
2. Click on "Play Close Combat" whilst the same time holding down the “Ctrl” key
3. A Windows box containing the Close Combat options will popup. Press the “General” tab. Tick the option “Windowed”
4. If you want a full screen window, please set the game resolution so that it matches with the one in your desktop
5. Press OK to save your configuration and run the game

(in reply to TANKM4A3)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 - 6/6/2017 9:32:23 PM   
TANKM4A3

Yes, that will run only the "CLASSIC" version of Close Combat. If you try to do the same with the "PLAY Close Combat" selection of The Longest Day it will not run. The screen colors are all jumbled and the print is almost impossible to view. There seem to be quite a lot of new British scenarios along with more allied equipment and vehicles. This is why I purchased this game. Thanks for any further help you can offer.

Skip

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 - 6/6/2017 10:10:40 PM   
VPaulus

What's the CLASSIC version? If you set the game to run in windowed mode the colours will be correct.
You have to click on "Play Close Combat" whilst the same time holding down the “Ctrl” key.

You can also try the method suggested for installing in Windows 10:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4190969

(in reply to TANKM4A3)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 - 6/7/2017 11:16:29 AM   
TANKM4A3

Thank you! It kept failing for many more attempts and then miraculously began to work.

Skip

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Close Combat: The Longest Day will not run on WIN 8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI