Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Refit vs Ready

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Refit vs Ready Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 5:20:30 PM   
BK6583

Any difference in CV when attacking or defending?
Post #: 1
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 6:54:46 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

No, it only changes the replacements priority.

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 2
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:01:03 PM   
gmtello

In refit mode the unit dont dig or dig slower pace

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 3
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:09:28 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Sure? Afaik thats only for untis in reserve mode?

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 4
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:13:33 PM   
Telemecus

I think also refit has an effect on attrition - though I think EwaldvonKleist can confirm as he is the most up to date on the manual!

Post #: 5
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:23:15 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

@Telemecus: Is it listed in the manual? No relation of refit and attrition in either way can be found in the changelog.
Again I can only recommend to read in it just out of curiousity, it contains "allot" of stuff which should be in the manual.
Again thanks to morvael/dennis as the changes are explained in much more detail since they overtook.

< Message edited by EwaldvonKleist -- 5/22/2017 7:28:55 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:34:06 PM   
Telemecus

@EwaldvonKleist: I wish I could remember - I would have thought the patch notes or these forums. The gist I picked up was avoid refit if in contact with enemy. If it cannot be sourced then best assume nothing. I could also have mis-remembered or the source I got it from could have been wrong - so has to be left on the watchlist until sourced.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/22/2017 7:38:04 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:38:01 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Once need the morvael, the all knowing oracle who sometimes decides to share his wisdom with mortal people who have no access to the code of the game :)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 7:54:38 PM   
morvael

I think there is no effect on CV (only loaded units suffer from severe penalty). However, units on refit in contact with enemy are treated as not on refit (for human player). Units in refit and reserve mode are worse at digging trenches.

Post #: 9
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 8:06:04 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Oh good to know thanks morvael. How big is the affect? Can engineer/construction units still help an refit unit digging?
So far I have kept my entire army on refit and managed replacements by max TOE as it helps moral 10 hexagons away from the line and does nothing bad if on the frontline (so I thought until today).

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 10
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/22/2017 11:34:07 PM   
swkuh

Units set to "refit" get priority for replacements/supplies (AFAIK.) If all set to refit then likely none get priority. Believe Max TOE effects not affected.

Any better answer would be appreciated.

Post #: 11
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/23/2017 1:29:36 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
So far I have kept my entire army on refit and managed replacements by max TOE as it helps moral 10 hexagons away from the line and does nothing bad if on the frontline (so I thought until today).

This one has been bugging me as for a long time I used to think nothing of putting frontline units on refit and then established to my satisfaction it was a bad idea - but cannot find the source now. I have tried searching the forums and found

i) glvaca giving a definite no here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3109445&mpage=1&key=attrition%2Crefit�
ii) Denniss I think implicitly saying yes here

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss
I actually don't know if refit affects attrition but, unless used on frontline units, I don't think it increases attrition.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3092865&mpage=1&key=attrition%2Crefit�

I am really sure I have seen it said so explicitly - so if anyone can put me out of my misery I would appreciate it.

These are comments on old versions so a new definitive statement from those who know the code on the current version would be appreciated!

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/23/2017 1:32:16 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/23/2017 4:14:18 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Ok I have run tests, units don't dig worser than ready ones because they are on refit.
Reserve units dig worser which is WAD.
But I think that there is a bug with sappers/construction units helping in fort construction, I posted this in the tech support subforum.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 13
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/23/2017 6:49:45 PM   
morvael

Units on refit dig worse if they are understrength. Something like unit with 20% TOE on refit will dig with 0.2 multiplier. Please note most units are generating a lot of construction points (fort level 0 to 1 is done at X3 speed), and there is a cap of 50 (1 full fort level per turn per hex), so it's easy to miss the difference.

< Message edited by morvael -- 5/23/2017 6:50:15 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Refit vs Ready - 5/24/2017 10:04:49 AM   
glvaca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

This one has been bugging me as for a long time I used to think nothing of putting frontline units on refit and then established to my satisfaction it was a bad idea - but cannot find the source now. I have tried searching the forums and found

i) glvaca giving a definite no here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3109445&mpage=1&key=attrition%2Crefit�
ii) Denniss I think implicitly saying yes here

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss
I actually don't know if refit affects attrition but, unless used on frontline units, I don't think it increases attrition.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3092865&mpage=1&key=attrition%2Crefit�

I am really sure I have seen it said so explicitly - so if anyone can put me out of my misery I would appreciate it.

These are comments on old versions so a new definitive statement from those who know the code on the current version would be appreciated!

As you say, these posts are 5years old! Which is about when I stopped playing.
I did say no, and was pretty convinced it seems but the game has gone through so many changes between release and now.
Perhaps the question can be answered by checking the sequence of events? I.e. are replacements added before or after the attrition step? If it is the former, as Denniss states, it could be you have
a bit more attrition (depending on how attrition is calculated), if it is the latter, my best guess is no

Anyway, as stated in these old posts, as rule of thumb, you're better of refitting out of enemy ZOC and close to supply lines. There will be exceptions where you have no choice off course (think slugfest to isolate Moscow). However, if you keep the Mech/Panzers in the frontline all the time just pounding away
you're playing right into the Russian players hand. You need to rest/refit the panzers regularly and as a bonus, there is nothing that the Russian player will hate more than 2 Panzer groups suddenly going of radar.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Refit vs Ready Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI