Let's Play Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa (Germany)

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Daniele

Let's Play Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa (Germany)

Post by Daniele »

In case you missed, here you are a nice playlist about Decisive Campaingns: Barbarossa, by "The_Dude"!
Excellent work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4RGVH ... dZMlythRya
mgdpublic

RE: Let's Play Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa (Germany)

Post by mgdpublic »

Is there some reason these videos are private? Can anyone point me to some helpful videos on this game? I find it pretty overwhelming.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: mgdpublic

Is there some reason these videos are private? Can anyone point me to some helpful videos on this game? I find it pretty overwhelming.
Just checked it and, aye. They are tagged as private. There are other playthroughs available though. You already got the game of just curious about it? If you got the game, there are videos at the Videos subfolder.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
mgdpublic

Post by mgdpublic »

Are you referring to the tutorial videos? I've seen those, but I want to see how someone who knows the game plays - if for any other reason than seeing their "work flow.". There are a bunch of people with let's play videos who are playing for first time but couldn't find any good ones. Why someone would want to watch a let's play of someone who is playing the game for the first time is beyond me. [&:]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Are you referring to the tutorial videos? I've seen those, but I want to see how someone who knows the game plays - if for any other reason than seeing their "work flow.". There are a bunch of people with let's play videos who are playing for first time but couldn't find any good ones. Why someone would want to watch a let's play of someone who is playing the game for the first time is beyond me. [&:]
I'll have a look around #YT; but maybe the other experienced players like Davide etc. can point you to a good one, too.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Rake

Post by Rake »

mgd... completely agree with your sentiments about the yt videos. I just bought this after looking at it for some time. Some of the videos seem as if the contributor just started playing straight out of the box without looking at the tutorial vids or even a cursory glance at the manual. I was hopimg to find something that would give me some ideas for opening moves, but it's just not there.

All the videos I've found just attack straight ahead with little thought to achieving a breakthrough and surrounding soviet units. Guess I'll try to piece something together by trial and (many) errors while just concentrating on one front at a time.
JamesHunt

Post by JamesHunt »

I also was looking for a video walkthrough or any useful AAR but its not easy. Almost all available video walkthroughs (including mine) and written/screenshot AARs stop in the early stages of the game or only come with a last turn resolution.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”