Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ASW TF with a AC TF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ASW TF with a AC TF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ASW TF with a AC TF - 5/21/2017 6:34:55 PM   
MakeeLearn

Ive started having a ASW TF follow my AC TF in the same hex.

From others' experiences...Is this a benefit over just having destroyers in the AC TK? Should the AC Tk follow the ASW TK instead?
Post #: 1
RE: ASW TF with a AC TF - 5/21/2017 7:09:52 PM   
belfry

Its always better to have ASW assets in your TF otherwise there's a strong possibility the ASW TF won't engage the sub before it wades into your other Carrier or Cargo TFs. It also prevents surface attacks or at least engages them adequately if they do surface. Use your ASW in an individual role to go after subs which are loitering around ports or following your TFs. If your IJN then try and get your DDs with Type 2 depth charges involved. They are the bigger hitters. Type 95s will often struggle to deal with subs in deep water. Type 95/2 will cover both deep and shallow but just don't seem as effectives as Type 2s. TF commanders and Ship captains should have strong Naval skills.

regards Si

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2
RE: ASW TF with a AC TF - 5/22/2017 11:33:10 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Ive started having a ASW TF follow my AC TF in the same hex.

If the ASWTF follows the CVTF its kinda like putting the 'cart before the horse' if you know what I mean. If you're gonna do this have the CVTF follow the ASWTF, if you dare. Me I don't like to having my CV's follow anything. Put your ASW in your CV force. Don't forget you can train some of your float planes to perform ASW. They can operate above your CVTF at range zero, a great job for Japan's CS's. Oh, and one more thing put some of those puppies on night search.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to belfry)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ASW TF with a AC TF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI