Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transferring munitions between combat ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Transferring munitions between combat ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transferring munitions between combat ships - 5/20/2017 3:41:42 AM   
Trogilus

Is there a way to do this at sea?

Am I correct that "replenish at sea" only transfers fuel?
Post #: 1
RE: Transferring munitions between combat ships - 5/20/2017 4:19:52 AM   
BBfanboy

Only the US AEs can transfer ammo at sea, and only after Jan. 1, 1945.
All the other rules about size of the AE vs the load cost of the weapons still apply. See the table in the book.

There was a thread on this about eight months back where Alfred explained in detail what happens in term of ammo slots loaded, operational points on gaining and giving vessels, ammo cargo available, etc. I was searching for it yesterday but could not find it.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Trogilus)
Post #: 2
RE: Transferring munitions between combat ships - 5/20/2017 5:30:38 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Only the US AEs can transfer ammo at sea, and only after Jan. 1, 1945.
All the other rules about size of the AE vs the load cost of the weapons still apply. See the table in the book.

There was a thread on this about eight months back where Alfred explained in detail what happens in term of ammo slots loaded, operational points on gaining and giving vessels, ammo cargo available, etc. I was searching for it yesterday but could not find it.

Two relevant threads where I explain the process.

This one from 2013 provides the overview.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3491611&mpage=1&key=replenish�

This one from mid 2016 goes into the innards (in particular Posts #22 and #85) and is the one you failed to locate.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4095833&mpage=1&key=threshold�

I tried to locate the 2016 thread using as keywords "replenish" and "replace" but failed to find any posts of mine which would lead me directly to the specific thread. Rather than wasting any further time looking up plausible thread titles which contained my posts you alluded to, I simply switch over to plan B (because I distinctly remembered making detailed posts but was unsure as to what were appropriate keywords) which is to search on author title. Then it became obvious that the relevant significant keyword to locate my posts in that specific 2016 thread is "threshold".

Alfred

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Transferring munitions between combat ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI