Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 2:55:42 PM   
xnavytc

Ok, chains of war is out, looks and works great, but there is not one scenario that has night/adverse weather turned on. I went to editor and to the realism/setting options and there is no place there to turn it on. Is this ever going to be able to be used and if so when?

TC ET1(SS)

TC ET1(SS)
Post #: 1
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:10:23 PM   
apache85

Night and adverse weather settings are not part of CoW.

If you really want it the functionality is there now, you just need to script it in.

(in reply to xnavytc)
Post #: 2
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:18:29 PM   
mikmykWS

Yeah and it is not fully implemented yet. It is going to be a hot potato when it is as players suddenly see how difficult air operations are when your aircraft are day only.

Mike

(in reply to apache85)
Post #: 3
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:20:37 PM   
Fer_Cabo

Please excuse me... But i can't understand either why there is a Menu of Realism-Settings which just does not work.

A great job has been done so far, no possible discussion about that, of course. But it's also true that there's always this sense of "Work-In-Progress" with CMANO. And sometimes it's just frustrating and discouraging, because we're not talking DB updates or specific Patches that come up occasionally. You only have to follow most of the threads here in the Forum. They Game/Simulation SYSTEM is not yet sound and it's plagued by bugs and fixes needed here and there.

It's not just CMANO... The industry changed for worse in this. Most of the game-launchings these days are not sound & round games from the beggining, and only offer a -sometimes- thin of hope that "When it really works, it'll be fantastic!"

(in reply to apache85)
Post #: 4
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:32:55 PM   
xnavytc

Ok, I understand the "not fully implemented" yet. but will there be a box to check in the realism/settings option in the editor, like there is for aircraft damage, and emp weapons etc??

TC ET1(SS)

TC ET1(SS)

(in reply to Fer_Cabo)
Post #: 5
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:36:08 PM   
raptorx7

quote:

ORIGINAL: WARMONGER1944

Please excuse me... But i can't understand either why there is a Menu of Realism-Settings which just does not work.

A great job has been done so far, no possible discussion about that, of course. But it's also true that there's always this sense of "Work-In-Progress" with CMANO. And sometimes it's just frustrating and discouraging, because we're not talking DB updates or specific Patches that come up occasionally. You only have to follow most of the threads here in the Forum. They Game/Simulation SYSTEM is not yet sound and it's plagued by bugs and fixes needed here and there.

It's not just CMANO... The industry changed for worse in this. Most of the game-launchings these days are not sound & round games from the beggining, and only offer a -sometimes- thin of hope that "When it really works, it'll be fantastic!"

Why don't you post all of these bugs and fixes that need to happen in tech support?

(in reply to Fer_Cabo)
Post #: 6
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:53:42 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

My perspective is slightly different. My belief is that our open development process has actually given players most features they have asked for. The price for this are some occasional bugs but we've structured things so there are several betas including an optional public one that helps with that and ultimately leads to a better product. Looking at our numbers and the overall feedback from players we get my sense is that this is still a wise path to take. I am sorry though that you feel differently and hope the process improves to the point you don't feel this way anymore.

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 5/18/2017 3:55:04 PM >

(in reply to Fer_Cabo)
Post #: 7
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 3:55:30 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: raptorx7

quote:

Why don't you post all of these bugs and fixes that need to happen in tech support?

Yeah if you can do that. We'll definitely take a look.

(in reply to raptorx7)
Post #: 8
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 5:35:56 PM   
SeaQueen

Actually, one of the things I've been impressed with is how few bugs Command was released with.

Most software is a "work in progress," and it's not just games.

At the outset of most large projects, many features are desired but time and money constraints limit what can be implemented initially. Furthermore, people develop requirements/feature requests/etc. in response to a changing world and in response to their own learned experience (i.e. "I thought I wanted X, but after using it a while, I realized I really wanted Y.") Hardware changes. Over time and with appropriate funding developers work down the wish list of requirements and make changes in response to their customers. Changes produce bugs, which in turn, produces more changes to fix them. That's the software development life cycle in a nutshell. It's a fact of engineering. Few software products of any kind are simply released as objects of pristine perfection to be used ad infinitum without eventually incorporating changes due to user feedback, updates, fixes, improvements, additional feature requests, etc. That's not a bad thing, that's serving one's customers.

quote:

< Message edited by SeaQueen -- 5/18/2017 5:37:24 PM >

(in reply to Fer_Cabo)
Post #: 9
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/18/2017 6:53:47 PM   
Nutworld

Look,
I get that any new release - no matter the product will have bugs. But less than 8 hours after this update and amazing list of new processes and abilities, and we've already got complaining?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was "night and adverse conditions" something that was supposed to be part of this DLC and or release?? I don't think so.

I just don't understand how people can't just enjoy this new release and give the developers- who consistently work on fixing bugs and updating things that the community has issues with- the time to do their work. It's not as if they are just gonna stop all of a sudden, for crying out loud.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 10
RE: NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER - 5/19/2017 2:03:02 AM   
Sniper31

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

quote:

My perspective is slightly different. My belief is that our open development process has actually given players most features they have asked for. The price for this are some occasional bugs but we've structured things so there are several betas including an optional public one that helps with that and ultimately leads to a better product. Looking at our numbers and the overall feedback from players we get my sense is that this is still a wise path to take. I am sorry though that you feel differently and hope the process improves to the point you don't feel this way anymore.

Mike

Mike, here is one customer that completely agrees with your perspective. I understand that C:MANO is a very complex simulation of modern warfare. I live the career military life and have for 27 years and counting, and the fidelity that C:MANO has had since the beginning, and has further evolved into, thanks to the hard work of the devs and the usually constructive feedback from dedicated users. The many things we as customers have been asking the devs to put in the game have been voluminous to say the least, and I think the devs have done a monumental job of fielding all of our requests for this and that to be put into the game, as well as implementing new features. Add on top of that their never ending job of chasing down bugs, and I don't see how anyone can complain. But then, humans never cease to find new ways to be disgruntled.

Keep up the amazing work developing C:MANO and the tireless and sometime thankless job of fixing this or that. Meanwhile, I am going to keep on enjoying an amazingly detailed warfare simulation that keeps getting better and better.

That's all....Bravo 27 out...

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> NIGHT AND ADVERSE WEATHER Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI