Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with terrain bonuses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help with terrain bonuses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with terrain bonuses - 5/17/2017 9:17:38 PM   
SparkleyTits

Hey there guys I am new to the game I just starting playing online and absolutely loving the mental stimulation it is bringing at the moment but with that comes ALOT of questions and hopefully you guys can help me with that!

I don't know if this is actually a thing beyond terrain affecting the CV with river attacks and different terrain types affecting the movement points in general but apart from that does terrain have any defensive/offensive bonuses for each kind of tile?

Thanks alot
Post #: 1
RE: Help with terrain bonuses - 5/18/2017 1:22:01 AM   
Sammy5IsAlive

If you check the manual it has the exact workings. Use the more up to date one that is on the forum (does anyone have the link?) as I think a few things have changed since the original manual.

But off the top of my head...units get defensive bonuses depending on the terrain type (light woods/towns small bonus and bigger bonus for heavy woods, swamps, city/urban). Those bonuses should show on the on screen defensive CV so you know what you are dealing with as far as that is concerned.

There are also modifiers for different terrain types depending on the unit that is fighting in it. Armored units get penalties in dense terrain like heavy woods/urban. Infantry get bonuses in those terrains I believe. So if infantry is fighting infantry/ armor versus armor things are equal and you can have a bit more faith in what is displayed on screen. If infantry is fighting armor you need to factor in the terrain a lot more. So from an Axis viewpoint your Panzer division might struggle more than you expect attacking an apparently weak infantry division in heavy forest/swamp but by the same measure you might have a Soviet armored unit holding a city that looks very strong in terms of on screen defensive CV but in fact can be defeated with some healthy infantry units.

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with terrain bonuses - 5/18/2017 6:50:52 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

Copy and paste from the changelog:
10. Rule Clarification (section 7.1.1.) - Dense terrain modifier is applied to ground element’s CV during combat (attacker and defender alike) in mountain, rough, swamp and heavy wood terrain as well as in cities with population greater than 14. Ground elements of class “infantry”, “mech infantry”, and “infantry weapons” have their CV doubled. Ground elements of class “SP Weapon”, “Armored Car”, “SP Artillery”, and “AFV” have their CV halved.

Question to morvael: This only influences the CV calculation of the battle, but not the CV displayed?

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with terrain bonuses - 5/18/2017 7:02:18 AM   
morvael

Yes

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with terrain bonuses - 5/18/2017 7:13:49 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

Ok thanks :)

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with terrain bonuses - 5/18/2017 9:08:16 AM   
SparkleyTits

Thanks guys I did look in the manual on the terrain section but I must of missed it. I will go over it all again

Thanks for answers guys!

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help with terrain bonuses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI