How to: Make a factory produce more stuff?

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Culthrasa

How to: Make a factory produce more stuff?

Post by Culthrasa »

Hey all,

I've been enjoying ATGold a lot. Have a question though... I've been able to tweak certain game parameters, but one thing i can't seem to get done...

How can i change what a factory produces. For example, I want to allow a tank factory to also produce transport type units (truck/rail)as well. How do i do that?
I found the factory and the true/false statements what it can produce, but it seems they can't be edited... Am I doing something wrong???

using a new dawn three basefile if that matters....

Cheers in advance!
bobarossa

RE: How to: Make a factory produce more stuff?

Post by bobarossa »

I assume you detached the master file before trying to edit it since you've been modifying things. If you want to simply have tank factories build transport, you could probably edit the ItemType Group parameters of the transports (trucks?) to be Vehicles. It's under Items in the editor. I had thought it would be under SFT's but I was wrong.

edit: Actually I think you CAN edit some things without detaching Master File so if you haven't simply click on the MasterFile button (middle column under Setng) and click cancel instead of selecting a new masterfile. You'll get some kind of Cancel message if you did it right. If you want to save your work for use in later games, then save the file (from the Map screen) and then next time you generate a new random game, select the file you saved as the new masterfile.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

You can edit what groups a factory makes in the factory tab of the editor
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

edit: Actually I think you CAN edit some things without detaching Master File so if you haven't simply click on the MasterFile button (middle column under Setng) and click cancel instead of selecting a new masterfile. You'll get some kind of Cancel message if you did it right. If you want to save your work for use in later games, then save the file (from the Map screen) and then next time you generate a new random game, select the file you saved as the new masterfile.

Yes detatch the masterfile. And don't attatch it again. Instead save it as a file with a new name, cause if you keep it attached, it will overwrite your changes, again.

Then do as Twotribes says (he is getting pretty savvy at this editor stuff!)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Culthrasa

Post by Culthrasa »

cheers for the replies... the stuff I previously changed didn't require unhooking the masterfile. After doing that I could change the stuff i wanted! Still figuring this modding stuff out :)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”