Noticed game on steam decided to try again but...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Distrant

Noticed game on steam decided to try again but...

Post by Distrant »

Am I correct in seeing that even though I own every expansion except the Universe expansion that there is no way to purchase this upgrade separately? So I must pay full price for "Universe" even though I already own 4 of the products it is delivering? It seems that there was some promo when this first came out but it is now expired but it is inexplicable to me that it wouldn't be offered separately just as every other expansion is if you already own the rest of the content. If this is truly the case they will have lost a customer no matter how interested I am in any new game.
Bingeling

RE: Noticed game on steam decided to try again but...

Post by Bingeling »

The upgrade offer was temporary, and they have made a post saying that they regret that decision.

Your options are to move on, wait until there is a heavy discount at Steam (50% should happen again), or pay the full price.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Yeah, it'll go on sale again, it always does.
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Locarnus returns to stir up more drama.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Locarnus returns to stir up more drama.
Distrant = Locarnus.. ????? [8|]
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Just deductive reasoning. Distrant registered on these forums today, just to post about the very thing that Locarnus raged out on us over. Distrant did this here, rather than the steam forums which he would have already been registered to if he "noticed" the game on steam. Since Distrant has played Distant Worlds before, and came directly to these forums it's 'probable' that he was once a member here. That being said, Locarnus was the only one to ever really make a huge deal out of the upgrade going away, so it's likely based on the available information that Distrant = Locarnus still salty that Matrix hasn't brought it back.
Edmesa

Post by Edmesa »

Not exactly answering the question, but Distant World Universe is discounted at Humblebundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dist ... s-universe
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

That being said, Locarnus was the only one to ever really make a huge deal out of the upgrade going away
do you know which kind of huge deal Locarnus has made from the upgrade ?
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Edmesa

Not exactly answering the question, but Distant World Universe is discounted at Humblebundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dist ... s-universe

I'm impressed, what a huge discount [X(]
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

That being said, Locarnus was the only one to ever really make a huge deal out of the upgrade going away
do you know which kind of huge deal Locarnus has made from the upgrade ?

I think you may have misunderstood me, by making a huge deal I meant that he went on a rant basically declaring matrixgames a scam, abandoned a then must have mod and quit distant worlds. All because he couldn't upgrade to universe. Locarnus reminds me of Apollodown on Nexus. Both cry babies, both quit at the first sign that something might not or doesn't go their way.
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

ORIGINAL: Edmesa

This actually does answer the question because the wanted result was universe at heavy discount and iirc each upgrade was always full price so less than twenty bucks for the game is still better than the upgrade price if brought back.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”