Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> SAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SAR - 5/10/2017 2:54:43 PM   
xnavytc

I've noticed in some scenarios like Caribbean fury, that there are SAR helos available. How do I use them in the scenarios, will there be an event telling me to rescue a down pilot or do i get a message etc.

TC ET1(SS)

TC ET1(SS)
Post #: 1
RE: SAR - 5/10/2017 3:01:18 PM   
raptorx7

This will only happen if the scenario designer has set up a script for downed pilots, I've only played a couple scenarios with this implemented. If a message doesn't pop-up or wasn't included in the briefing about SAR for downed pilots you can assume there is no script running for it. That doesn't have to stop you from simming it out a bit by placing a reference point on where the aircraft went down for example to send the chopper anyway!

(in reply to xnavytc)
Post #: 2
RE: SAR - 5/10/2017 3:10:15 PM   
xnavytc

Thanks Raptorx7,

Yeah I have always wondered about it. Figured I would ask, I'm still pretty much a newbie in the game and kept seeing SAR Helos but nothing to really use them for, cause when the planes get shot down the pilot is lost. Maybe it will change in Chains or War.

TC ET1(SS)

TC ET1(SS)

(in reply to raptorx7)
Post #: 3
RE: SAR - 5/10/2017 5:20:12 PM   
Primarchx

It's easy to implement your own CSAR activity if it's not baked into a scenario. Simply put an RP on the spot your aircraft went down and label it as a downed aircrew. Then launch your recovery team, get to that spot and spend a few minutes there before returning to base. You won't get any points or accolades but it's a fair representation of CSAR mission (other than probably lacking enemy ground units in the area).

(in reply to xnavytc)
Post #: 4
RE: SAR - 5/10/2017 5:58:18 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

Caribbean fury

Hi xnavytc.

I don't think that I implemented any SAR in Carib Fury, cannot recall - but I do as a rule build loadouts as I think they should be. So is there are SAR AC in on the Carrier for instance I load them out that way for realism etc. The player can use them for anything he wants such as a limited maritime patrol etc. I have included enough SAR incidents in some of my other scenarios that some players are jumpy and may be expecting a SAR incident at any moment - that's good from a realism perspective as well.

B

(in reply to xnavytc)
Post #: 5
RE: SAR - 5/10/2017 10:38:44 PM   
kevinkin

Scenarios that reward SAR are very realistic when the reward is placed in context within the overall scenario. However, one can not expect a single player to conduct SARs in a large "world war" type situation. The player wants to have fun killing their enemy. Currently, rescue activities are treated "behind the scenes" and are assumed to be occurring. This works for me. That being said, once COOP and multiplayer become part of the mainstream Command ethos, I can see SAR being an important part of those types of scenarios. Right now, rather small and highly specific missions requiring SAR would be the way to go and enjoyable.

Kevin

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: SAR - 5/11/2017 12:33:48 AM   
Dan109

Yeah, when I get around to scenario building, for NATO, I will make all planes shot down to have a chance of surviving the craft destruction and the eject. You will lose points for downed aircraft which will assume the pilot's death. If the pilot survived a SAR mission will be required and you will gain points back upon successful completion. For NATO I would give 75% of the points back. For others nations, only 25%. Total points for the airplane will depend on things, mainly cost.

(in reply to kevinkin)
Post #: 7
RE: SAR - 5/11/2017 2:57:16 AM   
apache85

I've implemented SAR in SIMEX and TF Normandy; with TF Normandy if you lose an Apache the pilot will survive, a wreck will be placed and some other stuff will happen to simulate a response above the players level of authority. In SIMEX every time you lose an aircraft there's a 20% chance a pilot will require rescue. I've only allowed one pilot to require rescue at a time, which I think is sensible for gameplay. SIMEX is a little more complex in that you need to not only get an aircraft near the pilot, but it needs to be the right type (as in, helo fitted with a winch) and be below a certain altitude and speed to effect the rescue.

Feel free to pull apart either scenario and use bits as you please.

(in reply to Dan109)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> SAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI