WW2 Chinese infos...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

WW2 Chinese infos...

Post by Rising-Sun »

Just curious, were the Chinese able to make their own planes. Like back in 1936? I believe most models were imported.
sullafelix

RE: WW2 Chinese infos...

Post by sullafelix »

I don't remember reading about any 'homegrown' planes or vehicles until after the Communist takeover.

They might have made some under licensing in the 1930s. I am not sure.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Unable to vouch for it's accuracy but...................

Units of the Chinese Airforce 1937-45[edit]
1st Group, (bombers), Tupolev ANT 40 SB III, VI, North American B-25 Mitchell, Northrop Gamma 2E, Northrop A-17
2nd Group, (bombers), Tupolev ANT 40 SB III, Northrop Gamma 2E, Northrop A-17, 19 Lockheed A-29, 8 Avro 627 China built domestically as scout-bombers at Guangxi
30th Squadron: 20 Fiat BR.3
6th Group, (light bombers/scout-bombers), 21 O3U/V-92C, Douglas O-2MC
7th Group, (light bombers/scout-bombers), 42 O2U Corsair, Douglas O-2MC
8th Group, (bombers), 2 Northrop Alpha 4 (converted locally to scout-bombers), 30 Ilyushin DB-3 (later into the Composite Group), Consolidated B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
10th Squadron: 10 Savoia-Marchetti S.72, 6 Caproni Ca.111
19th Squadron: 6 Heinkel He 111, 6 Tupolev TB-3
30th Squadron: 6 Martin B-10
12th Group, (bombers)
10th Squadron, (bombers), 4 Vultee A-19
3rd Group, (fighters) Fiat CR.30, 9 Avro 626, Polikarpov E.15bis, E.15ter (E.15III, E.153), and E.16, P-40C, P-51D, P-36 Hawk, 36 Gloster Gladiator Mk-1, P-66 Vanguard
8th Squadron (fighters), 9 Fiat CR.32
17th Squadron (fighters), 11 Boeing Type 281 (P-26 Peashooter)
28th Squadron (fighters), Gloster Gladiator Mk-1
29th Squadron (fighters), Gloster Gladiator Mk-1
32nd Squadron (fighters), Gloster Gladiator Mk-1
4th Group, (fighters) Curtiss (Hawk III), Polikarpov E.15bis, E.15ter (E.15III, E.153) and E.16, P-40, 41 P-43 Lancer
22nd Squadron (fighters): 9 Curtiss 68C Hawk III (F11C-3)
5th Group, (fighters), Polikarpov E.15bis, E.15ter (E.15III, E.153), P-40N, P-51D, P-66 Vanguard
17th Squadron (fighters), 12 Dewoitine D.510
28th Squadron (fighters), 49 Curtiss Hawk-II (F11C-2)
9th Group, (fighters) 120 Curtiss 68C Hawk III (F11C-3), 20 A-12 Shrike
26th Squadron A-12 Shrike
27th Squadron A-12 Shrike
11th Group, (fighters), P-40N
Russian Volunteer Group, (pursuit), Polikarpov E.15bis, E.15ter (E.15III, E.153) and E.16
Russian Volunteer Group, (bombers), Ilyushin DB-3, Polikarpov R-5 Scout-bombers
American Volunteer Group 'Flying Tigers', (fighters), P-40B, P-40E
Composite Group
Temporary Organised Group-Air Cadet Flying School.(Fighter), Curtiss 68C Hawk III (F11C-3)
12th Squadron (Reconnaissance): 9 P-38/F-5
13th Squadron (bombers & transports): 3 Savoia-Marchetti SM.81, 1 Spartan Executive Model 7W (lost on Dec 12, 1937).
14th International Volunteer Squadron (bombers): 20+ Vultee A-19, Northrop Gamma 2E, Northrop A-17, 3 Martin B-10
15th Squadron (dive bombers): 10 Henschel Hs 123
18th Squadron (Scout-bombers): Caproni Ca.101 and Douglas O-2MC; originally stationed at Guangdong, later changed to fighters with Curtiss Hawk 75M.
27th Squadron (light bombers): 9 Bellanca 28-90B
29th Squadron (fighters): 6 Breda Ba.27
32nd Squadron (fighters): Nakajima Type 91 fighter
34th Squadron (fighters and bombers): 14 Armstrong Whitworth Atlas, 6 Westland Wapiti, Mitsubishi Type 92.
41st French Volunteer Squadron (fighters): 6 Dewoitine D.510
20 Focke-Wulf Fw 44 of various units
30+ de Havilland Gipsy Moth of various units, including 13 seaplane versions of Chinese navy. (All lost by the end of 1937).
Central Aviation School (trainers): 16 Armstrong Whitworth A.W.16, also used as fighters in the early stage of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
Luoyang Aviation School (trainers): Breda Ba.25, Ba.28
Liuzhou Aviation School (trainers): Around 20 Avro Avian(616 IVM), 6 Avro Cadet, 5 Avro Tutor, 7 Nakajima Ko-4 (Japanese license produced Nieuport-Delage NiD 29 C.1)
3rd Reserve Squadron: 5 Loening C-2-H (seaplane version of Loening OA-1)
Aerial Survey Squadron: 1 Spartan C44, 1 Messerschmitt BFW M18d, Junkers W 33, Junkers W 34
A Sharif
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

A right mixture, but nothing home grown as far as I can see.
A Sharif
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Just curious, were the Chinese able to make their own planes. Like back in 1936? I believe most models were imported.
warspite1

I don't know how much faith you want to put into Wiki but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu_X-P0

This is perhaps more interesting - the Nin Hai floatplane is mentioned in The Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft (Angelucci). She is mentioned in the section Reconnaissance aircraft of the twenties and thirties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Establishment

And here she is:

Aircraft: Nin Hai Manufacturer: Naval Air Establishment. It looks like the engine is Chinese too, a Jimpu 7-cylinder radial air cooled
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (9.16 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

I don't know how much faith you want to put into Wiki but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu_X-P0

This is perhaps more interesting - the Nin Hai floatplane is mentioned in The Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft (Angelucci). She is mentioned in the section Reconnaissance aircraft of the twenties and thirties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Establishment

And here she is:

Aircraft: Nin Hai Manufacturer: Naval Air Establishment. It looks like the engine is Chinese too, a Jimpu 7-cylinder radial air cooled

Good catch Robert! I put alot of faith into Wikipedia! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Thank guys, been messing around with hearts of Iron IV on my spare times and realize that the Chinese were making their own planes when the war broke out in July 7th, 1937. Still hard to beat the Chinese though as for Japan. I checked around and the Japanese only have 8 aluminum resources and none through out the Pacific and that cant be right. So I wont put any Aluminums in China, otherwise they will start building planes like crazy. I can remove those techs, but if I do, they wont have any planes at all at the beginning, that is weird.

Been taken a break from my previous projects and wanted to improve this game HoI IV. So I added some aluminums in Northern part of Korea and not sure where else. Building level one airfield has a capacity of 200 planes, lol and that doesn't feel right either. So I manage to change that to 30 and making those airfield cheaper to build by 50%.

It look like they made the game a little better than they did at release. I was told that Paradox group will be adding Aluminums in the Pacific, but I fear they will mess it up. They should have ability to prospect by searching for resources. When the Japanese manage to overrun those Dutch East Indies, figure they manage to find some Aluminums somewhere and bring them to homeland. Then later it became harder to come by due to US submarine warfare.

Found some mods for Hearts of Iron IV for the Pacific, but they still doesn't know what they are doing. Either they are making Japan stronger or China, etc. Just want to get this setup up historical accurate as possible.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Thank guys, been messing around with hearts of Iron IV on my spare times and realize that the Chinese were making their own planes when the war broke out in July 7th, 1937. Still hard to beat the Chinese though as for Japan. I checked around and the Japanese only have 8 aluminum resources and none through out the Pacific and that cant be right. So I wont put any Aluminums in China, otherwise they will start building planes like crazy. I can remove those techs, but if I do, they wont have any planes at all at the beginning, that is weird.

Been taken a break from my previous projects and wanted to improve this game HoI IV. So I added some aluminums in Northern part of Korea and not sure where else. Building level one airfield has a capacity of 200 planes, lol and that doesn't feel right either. So I manage to change that to 30 and making those airfield cheaper to build by 50%.

It look like they made the game a little better than they did at release. I was told that Paradox group will be adding Aluminums in the Pacific, but I fear they will mess it up. They should have ability to prospect by searching for resources. When the Japanese manage to overrun those Dutch East Indies, figure they manage to find some Aluminums somewhere and bring them to homeland. Then later it became harder to come by due to US submarine warfare.

Found some mods for Hearts of Iron IV for the Pacific, but they still doesn't know what they are doing. Either they are making Japan stronger or China, etc. Just want to get this setup up historical accurate as possible.

I have not played Hearts of Iron IV yet. You said you added some aluminum, I guess that means that there is an editor to change or add things or is it a mod? Thanks.
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: wings7

I have not played Hearts of Iron IV yet. You said you added some aluminum, I guess that means that there is an editor to change or add things or is it a mod? Thanks.

Not sure if there an editor around yet, the previous HoI Series never had one. I had to go over the files and hunt, test and debug, etc. I manage to change a lot of things in that game. The installations wasn't setup accurate, number of planes and even the troops are slightly off too.

Anyway I was telling Paradox year before this and they had two download contents came out and never correct it. There no way Japan is going to make it without more aluminums, since those carriers would be useless.

Also noticed few planes were incorrect on the aircraft tech screen too. Manage to fix that too. Had to move the port and airfield in Northern Japan that should be in the bay. Same for Tokyo's airfield, it was further out near the coast and manage to move it in the city.

The resource cost to build planes, seem to be off too. A single-engine plane on the second tier cost more than two-engine plane. So I redid those so every one engine would cost 1 aluminum to build, 2 aluminums for two-engines, etc. Normally the aircraft need oil + rubber + aluminum.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Not sure if there an editor around yet, the previous HoI Series never had one. I had to go over the files and hunt, test and debug, etc. I manage to change a lot of things in that game. The installations wasn't setup accurate, number of planes and even the troops are slightly off too.

Anyway I was telling Paradox year before this and they had two download contents came out and never correct it. There no way Japan is going to make it without more aluminums, since those carriers would be useless.

Also noticed few planes were incorrect on the aircraft tech screen too. Manage to fix that too. Had to move the port and airfield in Northern Japan that should be in the bay. Same for Tokyo's airfield, it was further out near the coast and manage to move it in the city.

The resource cost to build planes, seem to be off too. A single-engine plane on the second tier cost more than two-engine plane. So I redid those so every one engine would cost 1 aluminum to build, 2 aluminums for two-engines, etc. Normally the aircraft need oil + rubber + aluminum.

Thanks for the explanation, you are a true war game simulator [8D]...I'm sure you have seen the Steam Workshop for "Hearts of Iron IV"...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/394360/workshop/
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Yeah I seen a lot of them, saw one interest me, but only in Japanese language and don't think he or she is going to add that options.

Once I get it going, test it and playing it, I will add it on steam workshop. Might be awhile, got so much to do, but taken a break in between.

Return to “General Discussion”